Go Back   planetArmor > planetArmor Community > Your important news and kit reviews.

Your important news and kit reviews. Share & Promote ARMOR and other model news. All Kit reviews are welcome here.

Old 03-11-2006, 09:51 AM
vBench

Hmm - new marketing angle from Dragon... I like the PE shields!

Reply With Quote top
Old 03-11-2006, 05:00 PM
vBench

Reply With Quote top
Old 03-11-2006, 06:14 PM
vBench

I think itís a great idea. You almost always end up buying PE sets anyway. This way you donít have to wait for the aftermarket manufactures to make one.
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-11-2006, 08:38 PM
vBench

WOW All-In-One kit...
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-11-2006, 09:11 PM
Brokeneagle

You gotta love this hobby at the moment - we sure were born at the right time! :lol:
Old 03-11-2006, 09:38 PM
vBench

I think it's just another way that Dragon wants to make money hand over fist. The recent news of re-boxed older kits with a few improved parts and the 20% price increase that was announced of late for their kits being a couple of other examples that it's all about greed. Besides, I don't find their PE and metal update parts that have come with their kits to be all that great. I don't like Lion Roar PE. I'll wait for the Aber sets to come out - they will be worth it to me.

Click for ARMOUR WORKSHOP
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-11-2006, 10:19 PM
vBench

From my understanding, Dragon has decided to release a basic 234, and then an update set with the goodies. Correct? I can't help but think it's kind of a rip off, considering they can put all that stuff with the kit, in the case of their Tigers and such. I'd agree with James, it is pretty greedy. Really- buy an extra kit for your engine grilles and gunshield, when they have been included with other kits in the past? :angry:
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-12-2006, 12:46 AM
Brokeneagle

As far as 'price up ' goes I don't think they have a choice, as all their "work for a bowl of rice and party flag " labour is starting to appreciate what it's all about and have been pushing wages up by bailng and working for some other mob up the road that will offer 2 bowls. :lol: I am just glad that we are able to have this stuff in the first place, as well as all the projects in plastic that would never have happened without China. I do feel though that the tide is turning and our cheap and wonderful kits will be short lived as China finds it's feet in free industry.
Still, they will probably never be as expensive as the Japs and the West because of manpower. As long as they offer more quality/quantity for the same price [ or less] than the others, I'll be happy
Old 03-12-2006, 12:49 AM
vBench

I think because Dragon has pretty much destroyed all the major competition, now they can charge whatever they like. These guys are in it for the money.
I doubt the workers are getting much of the profit.

Click for ARMOUR WORKSHOP
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-12-2006, 01:09 AM
vBench

Location: I know a guy who sells t-shirts at a nearby location to Willy's grave.
Send a message via Skype™ to Larry Bates
James,

I gotta side with you on this one. Dragon has been going all out and all on there kits, but, now to sell half assed attempts at super detailing sets to go with reboxed older molds, well I didn't go for it when Tamiya tried it . I'm damn sure not going for it now either. :lol:

Larry

Opening Laz's World on Ice next summer, no franchises. Just cold ice, and figure skaters, ring side bar service.

Reply With Quote top