Go Back   planetArmor > planetArmor Features > Photos: In-progress Blogs

Photos: In-progress Blogs Post your in-progress photos in a blog-style topic!
Request vBench Photo Upload Access

Old 03-08-2010, 10:09 PM
vBench

I used Tamiya's "German 3ton 4x2 cargo truck" and edited it with 2 kits of photo-etched parts - Eduard and Voyager. Voyager provides a 1mm plastic sheets to imitate the wooden body of the truck and resin pick and shovel. I've added working hinges to the doors. The parts of the body also have working hinges. I tried to solder the photo-etched parts where it was possible.
Painting:
I used Aero-Pro airbrush (the russian one) to make color modulation with Tamiya acrilycs. Than i applied SIN filters. After that i used oils to create fading effect. Next step was glossy varnish before washing. That was what i was going to do... But the truck felt down on the dalle and crushed into small parts! After that i had to take away the paints from some parts like doors and do everything right from the start on them - modulation, filtering, fading, varnishing... But anyway i've managed to do that. So i washed the model with MIG brown and dark wash. Painted chips with 10/0 brushes and Vallejo acrylics. Next - put some more layers of SIN filters to soften the chips. Last step was MIG pigments, fixed with mig fixer and mat varnishing.
Different stuff in the body was used from different kits. Resin - verlinden, cans from tamiya and so on...
Motorbike is BMW r-12, purchased by russian 'Zvezda' was difficult to assemble and give an accurate look to. But the price... circa 5$.
I used "millitary trucks" magazine
and the book "2nd front" written by Paul Karel

Reply With Quote top
Old 12-07-2011, 12:40 PM

Wow!

AWD

my twitter https://twitter.com/#!/alexwence
my 'Attention To Detail' blog: http://scratch-builder.blogspot.com/
Modelers Alliance 'Masters Classes':http://www.modelersalliance.com/forum/alex-de-leon
Reply With Quote top