Go Back   planetArmor > planetArmor Features > Photos: In-progress Blogs

Photos: In-progress Blogs Post your in-progress photos in a blog-style topic!
Request vBench Photo Upload Access

Old 09-28-2007, 03:38 PM
vBench

Thanks guys; Jan, Nate, Johannes, Andrey, Laszlo, Robert, Forrest, James, Julian, Giacomco, Mike, Ruben, Larry, Siim, Erik, Kevin, Mikko.... Deep Breath.....Thanks! You were always there when I needed it.

Quote:
So what's next?
I've got Erik's Jagdpanzer that's needing a little TLC....now that the table is clear, and a few figures to do for the group build.

As for my next build? ....nothing as ambitious as this one was....I'm ready for some good old fashioned plastic and glue modeling. I'll probably be unveiling something next week......

Rick

Vbench
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-29-2007, 07:04 AM

Rick, a long and difficult task that challenged your skills and made you learn some new ones (like playing with the soldering iron). the most important part is that you never gave up when matters turned ugly, now its my time to say "hats off". Excellent work that I'm sure you are VERY proud of. keep it up and delight us with your next project.
Old 09-29-2007, 08:22 AM
Custom User Title

Turned out very, very nice Rick. Excellent SBS of the whole process and what a great end result. What else can one say ?

Very impressive.

Build how you like, like how you build.

Reply With Quote top
Old 10-03-2007, 07:46 PM
vBench

Send a message via Yahoo to David Diaz
Hi Rick,

I guess it is never too late to say you have done a wonderful job on this model.

Every detail has been carefully taken care of, the painting and weathering are excellent, not to mention the construction. My hat is of you my friend.

Congratulations!!

Dave

SCOUTS OUT!

"To know, that is Wisdom.
To use it, is the Art."

- Clive Barker

http://www.planetarmor.com/forums/fo...play.php?f=173
(Click to visit my v-Bench)
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-06-2007, 02:01 AM
vBench

Hi Rick,

I haven't been around here much lately, so I haven't followed this build, or any other build anywhere on the web for that matter, but I just wanted to say that this has turned out very well.
I like the setting and the overall look of this dio.
The vines are cool. Might give that a try myself some day.

cheers
Robert
Old 10-10-2007, 09:45 PM
Brokeneagle

fantastic work Rick. I have only just caught up with this, Sorry. Ubeleivable amount of brass - you must be a master by now. The brass really comes out at the end and ives the whole vehicle a very realistic finish. Great work.
Old 02-08-2008, 09:37 AM
vBench

in fact, you aren't building a plastic model w/ PE parts, but a PE models w/ plastic parts...
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-08-2008, 02:03 PM
vBench

Some would say that...! Thanks for looking.

Vbench
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-05-2008, 07:30 PM
vBench

Hey Rick, Hope you're still checking this thread, the guys at FSM told me about this site and your thread.

First, thanks for sharing this build, you have some great stuff here. I just started this kit with the Full LR upgrades. I"m about as far as starting the engine and frame and bending some hinges. I've been practicing soldering as well. I"m documenting my build at FSM and a GB at Swanny's.

Here's the question. Looking back on this thread what would you have done differently during the construction?

OK a couple of questions. Would you think that completing the frame/chassis and using it for test fitting or a jig would have prevented your fit issues with the cab?
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-06-2008, 01:33 PM
vBench

Hey, how you doing? Thanks for taking the (long) time to slog through this build thread and for the kind remarks.

Quote:
Here's the question. Looking back on this thread what would you have done differently during the construction?
Ha! Nothing and everything! As I've said before, one of the reasons I took-on this project was that I wanted to better my skills, particularly those revolving around photoetch/soldering. I can definately say that that was accomplished, and much more.

What I would do different? Change the build sequence a little..Specifically, by following the sequence of the directions you are asked to do probably the trickiest bending and soldering right off the bat. Knowing that, I would suggest woking on the rear fighting compartment first...the bends are easier and you will have ample opportunitiy to practice your soldering before moving onto some of the more difficult bends/soldering up front.

I just found your thread on FSM so we can continue our conversation over there, we can be more specific as to what you are working on.

later,
Rick

Vbench
Reply With Quote top