Go Back   planetArmor > planetArmor Community > Your important news and kit reviews.

Your important news and kit reviews. Share & Promote ARMOR and other model news. All Kit reviews are welcome here.

Old 07-17-2007, 10:07 PM
vBench

I wonder how they are going to differentiate CH kits from DML other than the packaging? Would it have more PE, metal barrel, single link tracks etc...or would it be simplified? DML has so many lines now, Smart Kit, Premium Edition etc... that it's becoming confusing.

I just hope it's not just a re-branding exercise to justify raising prices of the kits.

Oh well, only time will tell I suppose.

Lawrence

Adrian Cronauer [imitating Walter Cronkite]: I just want to begin by saying to Roosevelt E. Roosevelt, what it is, what it shall be, what it was. The weather out there today is hot and shitty with continued hot and shitty in the afternoon. Tomorrow a chance of continued crappy with a pissy weather front coming down from the north. Basically, it's hotter than a snake's ass in a wagon rut.
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-17-2007, 10:10 PM
vBench

Quote:
This probably means distribution to hobby shops.
When I read the last Q & A on the Dragon USA site that isn't what it sounds like to me Saul.

Quote:
Q: Where can I buy Cyber Hobby products?
A: For North American customers, you can buy Cyber Hobby model kits from http://www.DragonUSAonline.com. Dragon USA online is the official exclusive online dealer for Cyber Hobby Model Kit in North America. Elsewhere, you can visit http://www.cyber-hobby.com.
Note the use of the word "exclusive" in the answer. It sounds to me like they're trying to cut out the lhs. Now I may be wrong here but if not I think that just plain sucks. While I freely admit that I buy stuff online from various places I still purchase a good amount of my modeling related needs/wants from my local shop. The only way I see this happening with these kits, is if they purchase the kits from DragonUSA just like I could do, but then they'll need to mark them up to make a profit. Well only time will tell.

Mike
Old 07-17-2007, 10:29 PM
vBench

In HK, DML only sells their kits through their own retail shops called Universal Models (UML). They do not distribute to other LHS or online stores. The LHS and online stores can only get their supply by buying it over the counter at UML as a regular customer would.

I just hope they will sell the Pz IIF in UML and not "force" local buyers to order online and incur postage costs.

Adrian Cronauer [imitating Walter Cronkite]: I just want to begin by saying to Roosevelt E. Roosevelt, what it is, what it shall be, what it was. The weather out there today is hot and shitty with continued hot and shitty in the afternoon. Tomorrow a chance of continued crappy with a pissy weather front coming down from the north. Basically, it's hotter than a snake's ass in a wagon rut.
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-17-2007, 10:58 PM
vBench

Quote:
Originally Posted by landm View Post

Note the use of the word "exclusive" in the answer. It sounds to me like they're trying to cut out the lhs.

Really? There are a two LHSs which carry a decent selection of cyberhobby kits here.

Then again Greenfield News&Hobby and Big Bear may be exceptions, and I'm just lucky
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-17-2007, 11:26 PM
vBench

sounds like DML is playing some kits of game, anyone know the name of the game?
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-17-2007, 11:41 PM
vBench

Cyber Hobby kits are exclusive....

Quote:
Originally Posted by landm View Post
When I read the last Q & A on the Dragon USA site that isn't what it sounds like to me Saul.

Note the use of the word "exclusive" in the answer. It sounds to me like they're trying to cut out the lhs. Now I may be wrong here but if not I think that just plain sucks. While I freely admit that I buy stuff online from various places I still purchase a good amount of my modeling related needs/wants from my local shop. The only way I see this happening with these kits, is if they purchase the kits from DragonUSA just like I could do, but then they'll need to mark them up to make a profit. Well only time will tell.

Mike
Mike, Cyber-Hobby kits have always been up till now exclusive to their two web site distributers. The reason, as I understood it when they started this nearly two years ago, was that these would be limited run (only producing a certain amount to fill the orders placed in the allotted time, with a very few extras I'm sure) kits with all the prodeeds going into research and developement of new kits for the general market. Problem is that they became so d_mn popular and highly sought after (see how much the DAK Tiger I goes for on E-bay?) that the local hobby shops that wanted to carry them had to order them like every one else at the same price (which is pretty darn good considering what you get) and then mark them up a bit. One thing I noticed when I ordered my Pz II at DragonUSA is that you could order them by the case but they still cost 39.95. No discount for case purchases. I am sure this is for LHS that want to order them.

Roy
Old 07-18-2007, 01:37 PM
vBench

Send a message via ICQ to sharkmouth Send a message via AIM to sharkmouth Send a message via MSN to sharkmouth Send a message via Yahoo to sharkmouth Send a message via Skype™ to sharkmouth
Hi,

I DOES seem to indicate that Dragon Models USA is the exclusive "online" (my quotes) dealer so this may indicate release to LHS. As others have pointed out before, there seems to be a few LHS with CyberHobby stock. My only concern is the value. Will the pricing reflect a mainstream release as opposed to a limited edition.

Regards,

Saúl García
Yesterday is History
Tomorrow is a Mystery
Today is a Gift
It is why it is called The Present!
Reply With Quote top