Go Back   planetArmor > planetArmor Community > Your important news and kit reviews.

Your important news and kit reviews. Share & Promote ARMOR and other model news. All Kit reviews are welcome here.

Closed Thread

Old 03-15-2007, 03:45 PM
vBench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tordenskiold View Post
Vinnie may have his errors - who doesn't ?? - but he is also one of the most nice and helpful persons out there. He answers everybody and all questions without patronizing, he did, on several occations, send me personal emails with helpful stuff from his personal reference collection, he has probably done more for the modelling community as a whole than all of you combined, over the past 5 years.
I am sorry but my personal experiences with him have been much different than you report here. I also take offense to the later part of your statement. There are some VERY talanted and PUBLISHED people who post here reguarly and are not selective in whom they help, and have done much for the hobby. Please take some time to see who you are insulting before you toss out the insults.

Disclaimer:
I love DML kits, some of my favorite builds are DML. DML has provided kits for me to build via MMiR. Overall I like them alot, but I do point out issues when I feel they are significant. It is my responsiblity.

Last edited by Sticky; 03-15-2007 at 03:50 PM. Reason: Brain works faster than fingers...
Old 03-15-2007, 03:55 PM
vBench

Exclamation Oh man, I just love a good tussle in the mud!

Jan,
No one here claims to plan on a boycott of DML. Most of us have had quite positive building experiences - I even enjoy building their Old kits (MKIII M/N, etc.)

I for one don't expect perfection in a kit - and don't think that is at issue. We expect a balanced, honest, qualitative review. Not long, not perfect, not intergalactic nor fancy... just useful and centered. My contention, as I will not speak for others here is: He sucks up to DML, and in the case of their new releases is an unobjective "reviewer". I would have no problem with his "bullet" statements of glorious happiness at the upcoming release if he merely stated that it was a new release blurb (well, maybe I would but - I'm trying to give myself credit). Not a review. Because they are not reviews when stacked up to the other examples of reviews.

You are happy with DMLs attempts at discrediting other reviewers, via their in house mouth piece, Blogger H - but undone by comments here negative to a some one who stamps a sticker on all things DML. You have chosen to be the representative voice of someone who appears here at PA only to promote his latest product. Contributes more? COuld be - but not within these hallowed halls.

Persons that you seem so unhappy about have a number of quality SBS/Vbenches and regularly contribute to the efforts of PA members to improve their builds. (Speaking of which, it's about time to see your vBench, Mister ) - I appreciate their insights and expertise - and I am much more inclined to use information from them (LQ - nice job on the Marder shots, BTW), than from someone attempting to increase the number of hits to his latest website endeavor, by providing spurious filler - and perhaps misleading - content.

Oh - and fully aware that he is - or was indeed a teacher - which is why my earlier post expressed dismay at the quality of this specific group of "reviews"

Your serve, Jan.

Old 03-15-2007, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Please take some time to see who you are insulting before you toss out the insults.
Actually that was pretty much the point I started out making - funny how things seem to go in circles some times.

Anyway, this is pretty pointless - and trust me, I have seen it all before in other hobbies and issues in life - the market leader always get attacked - yet people still buy their products. It's a very common reaction.

End of story from me - sorry if I stepped on some toes, no harm intended.

Let me just finish with 2 more Gandhi quotes (no Jesus quotes - I am a convinced atheist):

Honest disagreement is often a good sign of progress.
-Mahatma Gandhi

It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err.
-Mahatma Gandhi

Last edited by Tordenskiold; 03-15-2007 at 04:02 PM.
Old 03-15-2007, 04:13 PM
vBench

Quote:
Anyway, this is pretty pointless
Your posts most definitely are, as you still haven't answered my question.

Mike
Old 03-15-2007, 10:31 PM
vBench

Quote:
Originally Posted by landm View Post
Your posts most definitely are,
Mike

Agree 100% with you Mike! I haven't even read anything the posts on page 4 - all I've seen is he is new to the site and picking fights with people like John Steinman! Silly!

I'll go back to happily bashing Dragon's insecure marketing tactics while still buying the kits without apologies now...

Old 03-16-2007, 10:42 AM
vBench

You know, one of the reasons I started visiting this site more than the others was the lack of this kind of crap. I pray that this isn't a trend.

Roy
Old 03-16-2007, 09:04 PM
vBench

Okay- shuttin' er' down. Why the need to get all worked up about little plastic models... everyone take a breath.

Click for ARMOUR WORKSHOP
Closed Thread