Go Back   planetArmor > planetArmor Features > Photos: In-progress Blogs

Photos: In-progress Blogs Post your in-progress photos in a blog-style topic!
Request vBench Photo Upload Access

Old 03-22-2007, 06:49 PM
vBench

Future projects

Strange to believe, but the most of my next works are all made in Germany (all but one).

The build of the Pz.IV. E will be followed by the Spae.Pz. 2 Luchs by Revell. I got the kit in Berlin (yeah, I wanted a typical souvenir! My idea was to get the Tpz. 1 Fuchs but it was not available) this summer and I ordered the PE frets online at a relatively good price at Hannants, and they arrived in just two weeks.

Here are the Eduard frets

They feature a lot of interesting parts, such as the wheel blocks and their holder in the fuselage. I already decided I will only use the blocks and not the holder, because it needs a plastic panel to be removed and I don't have the right cutting tools.
The instruction sheets

It will be painted in the NATO three tones camo (Green-Black-Brown) and will have KFOR markings.

Then the P-51 Mustang "Hunsdon" will follow. It's a birthday present from my friends. I expected a tank indeed, but it's very nice and its dimensions are considerable, as it's in 1:48 scale! And it's a good kit (Hasegawa) with good details and unusual decals for two subjects (flown by Australian or Canadian pilots) both based in the UK at RAF Hunsdon (I think so) and with British markings. It will be complementary to my Spitfire with American markings!
The Tamiya spray cans will help a lot, not having an airbrush!

I also have a couple of 1/144 airliners by Revell, which is the best brand making plastic models in this peculiar field. Same considerations as the Mustang: no airbrush, but spray cans. Otherwise I will leave them on the shelf and wait for an airbrush.
Ryanair 737-800

It will wear the new billboard-style livery, which is quite nice, but will also have blended winglets, which are included in the box. Ryanair is installing these powerful aerodynamic devices on every 737-800 aircraft in order to improve their performances, fuel-saving included.

Lufthansa "Retro" livery A321-200
Another souvenir from Berlin. Lufthansa repainted this A321, registration D-AIRX, in order to celebrate its 50th anniversary.

The Fokker 100 is WIP since September 2005, and has been got in Germany as well. It's now painted in the KLM livery, but the grey I used is a bit too dark. The Helvetic livery shown on the box was the easiest to paint, but the spray can for tah fashio colous was not available...

Another Revell kit: MiG-21 F13, the first model I got after years of gaving up. I got it in Prague and wanted to make a Czech aircraft, then I opted for a Finnish one but ended up painting in an East German two tones camo (Sand and Dark Green, with light blue underside) it's now sitting on the shelf. The real aircraft, #645, is laying in bad conditions at Berlin's Gatow museum.
Decals for the aircraft flown by Sigmund Jahn, the first ever German astronaut (or beter, cosmonaut, as he was from East - have you seen Goodbye Lenin?) are provided. The detail of this kit is excellent. The instrument panel is beautiful.

The last one. Another one got abroad, always in Germany. The brand is Faller, they make accessories for train dioramas. You figure out the rest.

Got in Madrid

No words needed

Last edited by james84; 09-04-2007 at 01:32 PM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-27-2007, 02:24 AM
vBench

I'm leaving tomorrow and here is my wishing list for the future...

1 - DML's IDF Super Sherman

2 - Revell's Leopard 2A6 (+pe)

3 - Hobby Boss T-34/76

4 - DML's Stug III Smart Kit

5 - Tamiya's Hetzer

6 - Italeri's AS-42 Sahariana

7 - DML's Panther G Smart Kit (Thanks to Jan for the image - I couldn't find a better one!)

8 - Hobby Boss Leopard 2A5 DK

9 - ???
I still have to think about it!

Last edited by james84; 03-23-2008 at 12:39 PM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-27-2007, 01:01 PM
vBench

Interesting list James i have a couple on there i also want, the hetzer and sahariana and Panther i already have the Stug in the pile and look forward to building it, the Tiger i just got finished with and enjoyed it. The hobby boss T-34 as got my attention also with the full interior im just not sure im ready to go to 1/48 though.

Ron.
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-27-2007, 01:51 PM
vBench

Giacomo
Here's an idea, order the DML Tiger I online from HK and by the time you return from holidays it would have arrived.

Rob
The T-34 by Hobby Boss is a great little kit and it's a fun build. I don't usually build 1/48 but I had a good time building it OOTB.

Lawrence

Adrian Cronauer [imitating Walter Cronkite]: I just want to begin by saying to Roosevelt E. Roosevelt, what it is, what it shall be, what it was. The weather out there today is hot and shitty with continued hot and shitty in the afternoon. Tomorrow a chance of continued crappy with a pissy weather front coming down from the north. Basically, it's hotter than a snake's ass in a wagon rut.
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-01-2007, 02:11 AM
vBench

Hello! Here is what I got during my holidays! First of all, there was a whole Dremel kit on offer for €50, but I arrived too late to the store where they sold it, so I didn't get it...
On the other side I got a set of useful pliers and files, but above all this one... Airbrush BD-130E!

which was on offer at Madrid for €40. I still need a compressor though. The brand is called Artesania Latina, and it's a Spanish one. Be ready, I'll ask you a lot of questions on how to use it!
Always at Madrid...

Also available was a 1:35 Revell Tpz.2 Fuchs for only €22, but I didn't get it because the box was too big...
Moreover, I got the latest issue of EuroModelismo and another magazine called Panzer Aces, always edited by EuroModelismo.
Lawrence, I'll check if the Tiger is available at my LHS today or Monday morning, also because I don't know if they accept my credit card (Visa Electron)... otherwise I'll order it!

Last edited by james84; 09-01-2007 at 02:26 AM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-01-2007, 11:40 AM
vBench

Hi Giaco!

Visa Electron is accepted by:

Jadar from Poland; Blast and Azimut in Paris; Tristar, Hobbyeasy, and Lucky in Hong Kong; Amazon; Abebooks; Alibris; RZM, and many other shops... At least I have been able to use it!

As I understand your point of view -uni student with limited income- I may give you advice:

1- As with clothes, there are also sales.
2- Try to buy products in their country of origin.
3- Hong Kong is the cheapest place for Tamiya and many other plastic makers.

When I was in Rome last time I visited the model shop in Via dei Gracco, near the Vatican. It was very nice -design and so- but expensive prizes and poor stock... I you get use to buy on-line you will see a great difference.

You may need to talk to other fellow modelers from Italy to know how to handle parcels from outside the EU. I don´t know the amount of products that yu may be able to get tax-free.

Regards... I´m going to Madrid in less than a week, and PARTY!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-02-2007, 01:16 AM

Just got this little fella - gonna make it my first blog.

PzKpfw. I A. A (early)

Last edited by krisha; 09-02-2007 at 01:24 AM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-02-2007, 03:49 AM
vBench

Hello guys!
Antonio, thanks for the list, these stores will be the only alternative if I can't find what I'm looking for in an "ordinary" way! Have fun in Madrid!
Kristian, I've seen an article on the Smart Pz.1 on an English magazine and you've done a good choice! If you want I can scan it for you!
Ehm... what do you think about the airbrush?
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-02-2007, 04:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by james84 View Post
Kristian, I've seen an article on the Smart Pz.1 on an English magazine and you've done a good choice! If you want I can scan it for you!
That would be great james can u make a pdf of it?
PzKpfw. I A. A (early)
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-02-2007, 04:26 AM
vBench

Quote:
Originally Posted by james84 View Post
what do you think about the airbrush?
some weeks ago i kind of persuaded a friend to start airbrushing ( ) and he bought the very same ab ... he is very satisfied with it ... it seems like atm the market is flooded with those ab's as i see loads of them everywhere ...

from the photo (i never saw that ab in personal) it looks like a clone from toricon, h&s and badger and thus should be a good companion for you ...

the crucial point of every ab is the material used for the washers and those i can't tell you ... are they rubber or teflon?

what i can say is that it has a 1/8" connector and you should consider the buy of a plug nipple NW 2,7 d = 5 mm for the ab and an corresponding coupling on the air hose ... and it wouldn't be bad to have a nylon coated vinyl hose - i prefer those over all vinyl hoses but they are not a must ...

and for the compressor you should watch out for a manometer and pressure control which are mandatory (in my eyes) ...

the rest is training and getting used to color thinning and air pressure ... welcome to the world of acrylics - you'll like it!

those who are wondering where i have been: the last weeks i spent with figure painting as i got tired of ghost tanks and i won't start any further model until i got some good amount of crews ready to man the vehicles and have refreshed my figure painting skills to a satisfying level

cheers