Go Back   planetArmor > planetArmor Features > Gamers Corner

Gamers Corner Talk about PC, Console Gaming. Miniature Vehicle and Figure Gaming.

Old 01-06-2007, 12:40 AM
vBench

Red Orchestra

While I'm trying to recover from the insane amount of chicken wings that I ate a little ago with my friends (I got my ass handed to be too by the way ), I'm trying to play this new game I got; Red Orchestra. It seems pretty cool. It's like MOH or call of duty, but it's just on the Eastern Front. However, I'm bored out of my mind because I just installed it and I have to wait over an hour just to play for some dumb reason (it's updating something and high speed is not fast enough ). So I wanna know, is there anyway to avoid this??? I dunno what to do as I've never had to deal with that crap. In the mean time, I'll continue to...

and maybe eat some chocolate truffles that I got from the neighbor (anything to get rid of that suicide sauce that's still in my mouth!!!!!!! )

~RC
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-06-2007, 01:05 AM
Founder

It has to download all the content to your PC via Steam it's a great game I don't have it but I did play it while it was a free mod for UT 2003 it's not easy mind you the iron sights take time to get used to !
Old 01-06-2007, 01:07 AM
vBench

Location: I know a guy who sells t-shirts at a nearby location to Willy's grave.
Send a message via Skype™ to Larry Bates
Sounds like an interesting game RC, can you drive tanks in this one?

Laz

Opening Laz's World on Ice next summer, no franchises. Just cold ice, and figure skaters, ring side bar service.

Reply With Quote top
Old 01-06-2007, 01:11 AM
vBench

yeah, after looking more into it, the updates sound good. It's just giving me cooler stuff and working out the bugs, apparently. The last update was last October, but it includes the pz IV H...kinda would have thought that a long barreled pz IV would be a given in the game, but I guess not (same with the MP41! I can't believe that was an update that they had to do )

~RC
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-06-2007, 01:16 AM
vBench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Bates View Post
Sounds like an interesting game RC, can you drive tanks in this one?

Laz
You should be able to Laz At least from what I saw on the box; which is one of the reasons why i got it (I'm not sure all that you drive. For sure a t-34, maybe a JS-2, and various German tanks I imagine)

~RC
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-06-2007, 03:16 AM
vBench

I saw this at the store the other day. Sounds pretty cool! Can you play as the Germans against the Russians?
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-06-2007, 08:13 AM
vBench

Very cool ... Game.. yes, you can drive Tanks!.. you also have Gunner and Driver positions.. you can take one by yourself (have to switch positions though, but even more fun to team up with someone!)... Graphics changing to the different positions is cool too!! i.e.. sitting in the seat.. move your face closer to the periscope.. popping the hatch to stick you head out (but be careful with the last one if there's infantry about!).

Infantry is very cool.. Weapons are fun!.. No cross hairs though.. so when you 'shoot from the hip'.. your guesstimating (just like in real life).. you can always switch to iron sights though!

It's very cheap too I got mine for 20 bucks!..
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-06-2007, 09:25 AM
vBench

Location: I know a guy who sells t-shirts at a nearby location to Willy's grave.
Send a message via Skype™ to Larry Bates
Guess who's going to get this game.......

Laz

Opening Laz's World on Ice next summer, no franchises. Just cold ice, and figure skaters, ring side bar service.

Reply With Quote top
Old 01-06-2007, 11:38 AM
Founder

Valve(Steam) periodically runs a 'weekend' trial where you can play it for free for two days..
Old 01-06-2007, 08:37 PM
vBench

This game is really cool. I seems like it'd be more fun in multiplayer mode though. It doesn't seem to have levels, at least in the traditional sense.

It's sweet because there are pz IVs, panthers, and Tigers that you can drive. The soviets do have the t-34 (naturally) and the JS-2. It takes some time to get used to (I know I'll need more time lol), but I recommend it after playing it for just a little while very, very, very early today.

You gotta get it Laz! (you two too Evan and Gordy! I'm surprised that we haven't had multiplayer games between members yet...at least, IDK if we have had any yet lol)

Also, as an aside, battlefield 2142 seems like it'd be interesting too; at least after seeing it on T-L (they'll have games there between members/visitors, I reckon)

~RC
Reply With Quote top