Go Back   planetArmor > planetArmor Features > Gamers Corner

Gamers Corner Talk about PC, Console Gaming. Miniature Vehicle and Figure Gaming.

Old 09-04-2006, 02:26 PM

Just noticed this forum and thought I would post

So does anyone here play PC or console games. My favorite is CMBO (been awhile since I play though) as far as strategy games go. I have gotten into Medal of Honor and COD games because of a group of us do LAN gaming. Also have played MOH and COD for the PS2.
Eric
Old 09-04-2006, 03:07 PM
vBench

I played CoD and Panzer General III Scorched Earth and Medal of Honor. I also played MoH on the net. Mostly on some French server, it was pretty educational as far as languages were consirned. I quit playing it about half a year ago when my computer went crazy and when I finally got my PC to work I couldn't force myself to download all the stuff I needed to play it. I guess I got a little scared it would happen again.
But if I would get it sorted out, I would be cool to play MoH online against someone here.

Siim

Last edited by Panzergrenadier; 09-04-2006 at 03:09 PM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-04-2006, 05:56 PM
vBench

i Play COD 2 online as well as MOH and Battlefield 2 . Offline i play strategy games a fair bit . To be honest i probably waste a bit of model building time trying to build some city or win some battle when i could be relaxing building a nice 1/35th scale kit ! .
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-04-2006, 09:17 PM
vBench

It's been a while since I've played any good, new strategy games...It's been a while since I played MOH...I have the expansion pack and I played it, but I only got half way through the first level and my computer took a dump on me

I have the AOE 3 and I have yet to play it... It'll be neat when AOE 4 and 5 are released, but that is way in the future...AOE is supposed to be like modern times and 5 is in the future (kinda liek star craft...mmmm, I hope Blizzard makes Star Craft 2 )

~RC
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-04-2006, 10:40 PM
vBench

Was plugging away a huge amount of time with Counterstrike and Day of Defeat Source but since February I haven't touched a video game.

That is until I played Guitar Hero for the PS2 at my bro's house. Addicting isn't even strong enough a word for that game.
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-05-2006, 06:22 AM
Brokeneagle

I play COD2 online aswell as a few sci-fi shoot ups like UT 2004 and Quake 4
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-05-2006, 07:14 AM
vBench

MOH was fun and I completed all the expansion packs. One of my favourites is Black Hawk Down.

For a quick game, I play sports games like Madden 2006, GT4 and Winning Eleven.

Have any of you guys played Panzer Front Ausf B? Awesome tank simulation game!

Lawrence

Adrian Cronauer [imitating Walter Cronkite]: I just want to begin by saying to Roosevelt E. Roosevelt, what it is, what it shall be, what it was. The weather out there today is hot and shitty with continued hot and shitty in the afternoon. Tomorrow a chance of continued crappy with a pissy weather front coming down from the north. Basically, it's hotter than a snake's ass in a wagon rut.
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-05-2006, 11:47 AM
4 8 15 16 23 42

Hey Lawrence, what is Panzer Front Ausf B like? I saw it in the stores, but I were'nt too sure of it! All I like to see in a game are excellent graphics, and great playability!

Reply With Quote top
Old 09-05-2006, 01:46 PM
vBench

I like in a game accuracy (historical) and realism.
Everyone who has played Battlefield 1242 will know how damn hard it is to hit something with the Tigers main gun. There is no special sight even, just the regular crosshair. I solwed the problem to some degree by attaching a clear ruler onto my monitor, so that I could see the sights elevation from the target. I kind of developed a system where for example a Sherman measured on the ruler 1cm, then I moved the sight up about 2 cm.

Siim

Reply With Quote top
Old 09-06-2006, 03:02 AM
vBench

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulyrichard View Post
Hey Lawrence, what is Panzer Front Ausf B like? I saw it in the stores, but I were'nt too sure of it! All I like to see in a game are excellent graphics, and great playability!
hi

i played a bit of panzer front ausf b too... its pretty awesome, i havent finished the game because of two reasons, its insanely difficult to win (just like in a real battlefield) and i am saving it so i can play it and really savour it after i finish building my models...

in the game, you normally play the side that has the least in advantages, for instance in the training mission (afrika 1942) you play the commander of a troop of 4 panzer IIIGs and 1 recce Pz2. you deal with: some british cruiser tanks (A9s I believe) and the matilda. the A9s are easy, the matildas are something else. You have limited ammo, damage physics are fairly realistic your crew can get injured, hence reducing speed of ammo loading for instance.

Its first and foremost a console game, meaning its pick up and play, so it doesnt have features of "real" tank sims. But it does have a steep learning curve and you need to have a streak of sado masochist in you to play it.

the graphics are alright, i would say pretty poor for PS2 standards, but you forget all that once you are hunkering down, all hatches buttoned down, trying to survive... in between your tank getting hit by enemy shells and trying to get off shots in between. its pretty adrenaline pumping.

you get to command a troop of five tanks including your own in the missions. Panzer Front Ausf B has most missions in Afrika. There's one solitary mission in France when you are in the puny PzII supporting a drive to take Merdorp.

All missions are historically based and it really drives home how quick one can die on the battlefield and the sheer guts of people fighting in WW2.
Reply With Quote top