Old 02-09-2008, 11:58 PM
vBench

Marine Sherman questions

Greetings! 15 months and 2 purple hearts and its time to model. I am doing DML M4A2 wih the field mod trunks. The only picture picture I have is the common one of the 77th Marines cruzing down the trail. The only markings I can make out is the number 1 on the trunk housing. Does anyone know if it had any other markings? Or any other M4A2 with the field mod trunks? I want to ease into the swing of things and keep it pretty much OOB. I will be putting it in a simple dio like the mentioned picture above. With that said would it be appropriate to use a Ha Go wreck or a Te Ke wreck for a void filler. I think these field mod trunks were most common in Iwo Jima and Guam.
Any help would be appreciated.

Trust your hang,
Eric
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-10-2008, 11:00 AM
panamadan

Glad to see that you made it back-I'll check my books. Dan
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-10-2008, 12:57 PM
vBench

Eric

Which kit are you using? Academy? Are you using the kit decals? I have the Academy kit stalled on my bench and I have some pics of M4A2's with wading trunks. I'm not sure what are field mod trunks though.

Lawrence

Adrian Cronauer [imitating Walter Cronkite]: I just want to begin by saying to Roosevelt E. Roosevelt, what it is, what it shall be, what it was. The weather out there today is hot and shitty with continued hot and shitty in the afternoon. Tomorrow a chance of continued crappy with a pissy weather front coming down from the north. Basically, it's hotter than a snake's ass in a wagon rut.
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-10-2008, 01:20 PM
vBench

Lawrence-I am using the 1/35 Dragon M4A2 Tarawa kit with the 55 gallon oil drums for the wading trunks from Tank Workshop. The only picture I could find was in Allied-Axis #8 on pg 22. It would be perfect for my build, but I need more info or a profile shot of this tank or one like it. In the picture it looks like it is OD green and the only marking I can see is a beig number 1 on the trunk housing. I won't be using the kit decals if that is the case. I guess these 77th Marines where actual US Army M4A2s?

Eric
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-10-2008, 01:20 PM
vBench

Thanks Dan! Great to hear from you!
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-11-2008, 10:15 AM
vBench

Eric

Only managed to find this photo in Ground Power which is in Allied Axis #8 as well. I will keep looking.

Lawrence

Adrian Cronauer [imitating Walter Cronkite]: I just want to begin by saying to Roosevelt E. Roosevelt, what it is, what it shall be, what it was. The weather out there today is hot and shitty with continued hot and shitty in the afternoon. Tomorrow a chance of continued crappy with a pissy weather front coming down from the north. Basically, it's hotter than a snake's ass in a wagon rut.
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-11-2008, 11:17 AM
vBench

That's a sweet picture Lawrence. I appreciate the help. With the drums they look like a mini Titanic.

Eric
Reply With Quote top