Go Back   planetArmor > planetArmor Community > Your important news and kit reviews.

Your important news and kit reviews. Share & Promote ARMOR and other model news. All Kit reviews are welcome here.

Old 03-07-2005, 09:48 PM

Just scribed all of the uniforms zippers and add the zipper pulls. I thought that I would try sculpting a head that was something other than an White Anglo Saxon, so I chose an Africian/Med. male. The Insurgent prisoner was sculpted by Anders Heintz a couple of months ago.
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-08-2005, 06:01 PM
vBench

Very cool subject, Dave. Sculpting is superb. How soon before these are availible at VLS ?

Cheers !

Robert,
Alpenflage Hobbies
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-08-2005, 09:11 PM

Very well done. The detail on the nomex and face really make it stand out - a definate keeper. Will it be offered as a set as you pictured it, or seperate?

Also (please do not take this as a ding on the kit - just curiosity), do you plan to add the front throat protector (across the front) as an option when the kit is completed? I tried to sculpt one out of putty - but my skills suck. You sometimes see them hanging off the left or right neck collar on the interceptor vest, and just snap them on when you roll out the gate. I know all of my guys wore them when in contact and you just had to stick your head out of the tank to see what was going on, & saved two of my soldiers at Najaf when it kept shrapnel from piercing the neck (RPGs to the turret).

Again, awesome work. My hat off to you and your work.

v/r-
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-08-2005, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Alpenflage@Mar 8 2005, 06:01 PM
Very cool subject, Dave. Sculpting is superb. How soon before these are availible at VLS ?

Cheers !

Robert,
Alpenflage Hobbies
I just checked in with Warriors and here are the announced release dates so far.

WA 35574 USMC OIF Set #1 (2 figures) $25.98 May '05

WA 35575 USMC OIF Set #2 (2 figures) $25.98 May '05

WA 35576 USMC OIF AAVP7 Crew (two half figures) $13.98 June '05

WA 35577 USMC OIF Tanker w/prisoner (2 figures) $25.98 July '05

More to come.....
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-08-2005, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by wolfpack_60@Mar 8 2005, 09:11 PM
Very well done. The detail on the nomex and face really make it stand out - a definate keeper. Will it be offered as a set as you pictured it, or seperate?

Also (please do not take this as a ding on the kit - just curiosity), do you plan to add the front throat protector (across the front) as an option when the kit is completed? I tried to sculpt one out of putty - but my skills suck. You sometimes see them hanging off the left or right neck collar on the interceptor vest, and just snap them on when you roll out the gate. I know all of my guys wore them when in contact and you just had to stick your head out of the tank to see what was going on, & saved two of my soldiers at Najaf when it kept shrapnel from piercing the neck (RPGs to the turret).

Again, awesome work. My hat off to you and your work.

v/r-
Thanks for the input. When the figure is produced, he will be wearing a kevlar helmet. We always sculpt every head bare so that Warriors can make a mold of the original bare head for use in their future headsets.

As for the throat protector, I am not sure I have seen it before. I have seen the armored collar. Do you have a photo showing someone wearing one? We could always add it in the future.

The figure will be offered as a pair with the prisoner.
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-09-2005, 10:30 AM

Sir-
Have the throat protector snapped in across the collar below. Usually seen dangling off one side of the collar before and after operations (see my member profile photo in PF) just above my M-16 and 9mm puches on my vest on the right side). Also shows the groin protector, which we wore when threat levels dictated (as they often did).

Again, awesome work.

v/r-
Henry
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	post-1-1110382228.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	18.4 KB
ID:	98  
Reply With Quote top