Go Back   planetArmor > planetArmor Community > planetArmor General

planetArmor General General and Off Topic

Old 12-29-2006, 10:47 PM
vBench

Hey guys (part....w/e)

Hey Guys! What's new and exciting?

I'm stuck at home, sick...and it sucks...right around new years too So much for my fun I had to work today too because of my new job and I took yesterday off to get over my cold and I did mostly, but today I had to be there because of this lawyer that I'm working with and well, anyways...

Today, when I got home from work, my mom called me and told me that she got a new puppy. Needless to say, I was surprised. Our doberman had to be put to sleep on Thanksgiving (US version, just to clarify; November 23rd this year) and it just seems weird that a little more than a month later, we got a new dog. I didn't much like the idea until I saw him. His name is Dollar and he's a soft coated wheaten terrier. My mom got him (well, I should say more like my stepdad got him) from an investor friend of theirs. He and his wife got the puppy, but they really didn't think about all the work and respondsibility involved in raising a puppy, for w/e strange reason (I think it was compulsive more than anything else), so they gave him to us. He's the cutest little guy too...(sorry that the pics kinda suck)

I'm only really posting him because 1. getting him today was a total surprise and 2. I need help giving him a new name! My mom doesn't like his current name and I don't have any ideas about what to call him other than Dollar Bill or Lion or something like that lol

Model-wise, you know me I'm not very patient and I'm all over the place!
I've been working on this...I don't think it's worth posting on my vbench yet....it's a command pz III ausf H...I've been having a heck of a time trying to ID the one I wanna build. It's one that was used in N. Africa that had a jerry can rack, of sorts, on the back. I only have pics of the rear and nothing of the front, at least to ID and use the correct markings.

~RC

Last edited by RC_Hill; 12-29-2006 at 10:50 PM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-29-2006, 10:56 PM
vBench

cute dog. The Pz. III looks good. You should put it on your VBench. It's deserving.

Doesn't Hetzer mean "Hunting Dog"?
Old 12-29-2006, 10:58 PM
vBench

Location: I know a guy who sells t-shirts at a nearby location to Willy's grave.
Send a message via Skype™ to Larry Bates
Hey RC,

Sorry to hear about your cold, my girlfriend got extremely sick on our drive home yesterday, and didn't feel too well for at least half the day today. All while driving back from Idaho.

Anyway, cute dog. We took my girlfriends sisters family dog with us on our trip as he can't fly any more. Only because it's the airlines rules, but he's also getting a little old, I think he's 9? We have him with us for tonight and then he's going to stay somewhere else. So, how about fuzzy, or Fuzzy Bear for your new dogs name, he's very fuzzy. I know it 's not too original but what the heck.

Laz

Opening Laz's World on Ice next summer, no franchises. Just cold ice, and figure skaters, ring side bar service.

Reply With Quote top
Old 12-29-2006, 10:59 PM
vBench

Fuzzy Bear? Name him Hetzer!
Old 12-29-2006, 11:07 PM
vBench

Location: I know a guy who sells t-shirts at a nearby location to Willy's grave.
Send a message via Skype™ to Larry Bates

Opening Laz's World on Ice next summer, no franchises. Just cold ice, and figure skaters, ring side bar service.

Reply With Quote top
Old 12-29-2006, 11:13 PM
vBench

Hmmm, bear, or fuzzy, or fuzzy bear would be cool. I have to run it by HQ though

IDK Warren. I feel like I have a ways to go on that pz III...making a command H is not as easy as it seems....at least as far as certain little details, particularly modifying parts. I had to relocate the turret, those drive sprockets have been a pain, then adapting the idlers, then the rear hull parts....and the armor...the armor has been a pain (mainly the upper hull armor). I haven't even started the turret top, except for some weld beads. Luckily though, the sides of the upper hull were made for a command pz III, like those 4 bolts on the left side...standard DML kits would have you remove them. The command has them

This book has been of great help. It has 1/35th scale plans of a command pz III H, albeit the later version with the 50mm dummy gun and the more 'standard' drive sprockets.
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-30-2006, 01:16 PM
vBench

Nice dog, sorry to hear about your older dog, yeah life can suck sometimes.

He reminds me of a dog I had to fight off today. (Ok more like staring each other in the face and both making a loud noise.) Oh why do they have to attack bikers. LOL I rode 25km with a bike today, it is the 30th of december!!! Usually there is 30cm of snow outside at this time.

The Pz III is coming along great!

About the name, what about Larry......or Fletch.

.....seriously

Siim

Reply With Quote top
Old 12-30-2006, 08:54 PM
vBench

Well, his name is now Bear (the Dog formerly known as Dollar ) I still miss my doberman, but she's in a better place and after all, death is just a part of life anyways...

I wouldn't even consider Larry or Fletch...what lame names! (j/k guys)

And thanks Siim.

~RC
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-30-2006, 10:07 PM
vBench

Yeah, well, Ronald sounds soooooo British! (J/K)
Old 01-07-2007, 02:05 PM
vBench

RC

Nice pics of the dog. Is the name finalised on Mac? That's a cool name.

Lawrence

Adrian Cronauer [imitating Walter Cronkite]: I just want to begin by saying to Roosevelt E. Roosevelt, what it is, what it shall be, what it was. The weather out there today is hot and shitty with continued hot and shitty in the afternoon. Tomorrow a chance of continued crappy with a pissy weather front coming down from the north. Basically, it's hotter than a snake's ass in a wagon rut.
Reply With Quote top