Old 12-12-2005, 09:34 PM

Ok so what is DML ?

Does dragon make a Tiger 1 RC 1/16 Tank ? If so link ?

How is dragon better then Tamiya ?

Any addons for the Tamiya Tiger 1E RC Tank ?

Thanks.
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-12-2005, 09:34 PM
vBench

To answere some of your questions,
Dragon/DML is a model company from Hong Kong (I believe). website: http://www.dragon-models.com/
No, Dragon does not make a 1/16 scale Tiger I.
Dragon vs Tamiya is a matter of personal preference I think. Sometimes Tamiya is better, sometimes Dragon. Depends on what you're building. The new Dragon Tigers are superior to the older Tamiya ones. Dragon kits can be found for lower prices. The kits usually feature individual link tracks, while Tamiya's are rubberband. The more recent Dragon kits are pretty nice, often including some PE, metal barrels, etc. You don't usually get that on a Tamiya kit. However, on some kits, more with the older ones, the detail can be a little soft or simplified, but this can be compensated by the price. When it comes to figures, Dragon are pretty much the best in 1/35 plastic. Box art by Ron Volstad is one reason for their popularity, but they are superior to any Tamiya figures I have seen. The new Generation 2 kits are incredible, check them out.
As for AM parts for the 1/16 Tiger, I know Aber does a large set for the Tamiya kit. Pretty comprehensive and detailed, but be warned, it's pretty damn expensive.
Hope this helps.
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-13-2005, 10:20 PM

Awesome thanks. Well I really want an RC tank, so it looks like im getting the Tamiya kit.

Ok lastly, is the Aber kit an addon ? Like can I just buy it and snap the pieces on the tank ? Would it be possible to build the tank then add the Aber Kit ? Also does having the brass affect painting ?
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-14-2005, 02:05 AM
vBench

Here's a link to the Aber stuff for the 1/16 Tiger. I'm afraid that Aber sets aren't just a matter of snapping the pieces on to the tank. They involve folding the brass parts, gluing, and even soldering some pieces together before gluing them to the model. It's best to add the Aber parts during assembly of the model, as some of the metal parts require the kit parts to be modified or are replacements for the parts in the kit. It's best to prime the completed model before painting.

http://www.aber.net.pl/english_ver/e_photo16.htm
Reply With Quote top