Go Back   planetArmor > planetArmor Community > Your important news and kit reviews.

Your important news and kit reviews. Share & Promote ARMOR and other model news. All Kit reviews are welcome here.

Old 08-31-2006, 09:19 PM
vBench

Hi guys

The long awaited revision of this kit has finally been announced and scheduled to be launch soon.

Fit will be much better than the previous Pz IVD (which has been discontinued). But looks like it will not have the Tropical parts.

Lawrence

http://www.perthmilitarymodelling.co...tnews/newf.htm

Adrian Cronauer [imitating Walter Cronkite]: I just want to begin by saying to Roosevelt E. Roosevelt, what it is, what it shall be, what it was. The weather out there today is hot and shitty with continued hot and shitty in the afternoon. Tomorrow a chance of continued crappy with a pissy weather front coming down from the north. Basically, it's hotter than a snake's ass in a wagon rut.
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-31-2006, 09:40 PM
vBench

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! !!!!

Oh well...so much for a tropical version lol...kudos to them for beating DML to the Tauch version (they could have made a three-in-one though...regular, tauch and tropical lol)

As it was decreed too (well, from what you told me long ago) Tristar will discontinue #15...thank goodness I have one in the box...good as a collectable perhaps lol

Thansk for the update Lawrence,

~RC
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-31-2006, 10:03 PM
vBench

I'm NO interested on the "Tauch" version...but... are there any correction on it Vs their pervious PZ IV D
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-31-2006, 10:16 PM
vBench

Marco
I know that the fit problems on the previous IV D was a major issue and this will be resolved in the new kit. There will be a new sprue for the Tauchpanzer.

RC
I would have liked to see a Tropical version as well.

I have cancelled my lunch appointment and can't wait to go to Tristar shop and dig up some info on the new kit! It's going to a long 60 minutes

Lawrence

Adrian Cronauer [imitating Walter Cronkite]: I just want to begin by saying to Roosevelt E. Roosevelt, what it is, what it shall be, what it was. The weather out there today is hot and shitty with continued hot and shitty in the afternoon. Tomorrow a chance of continued crappy with a pissy weather front coming down from the north. Basically, it's hotter than a snake's ass in a wagon rut.
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-01-2006, 02:57 AM
vBench

How bad are the fitproblems in the #15 kit? I have one sitting on the shelf....
Jan
Old 09-01-2006, 04:31 AM
vBench

Oh I would like to get this kit, but I have never seen any Tristar in Estonia. I guess I have to go to Finland to get it. :lol:

Siim

Reply With Quote top
Old 09-01-2006, 08:32 AM
vBench

Quote:
Originally posted by Panzergrenadier@Sep 1 2006, 04:31 AM
Oh I would like to get this kit, but I have never seen any Tristar in Estonia. I guess I have to go to Finland to get it. :lol:

Siim
I will trade you some Tristar kits for Estonian women. We have both here in Germany, but like good kits you can never have too many baltic blondes.

Visit my blog
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-01-2006, 09:12 AM
vBench

Quote:
Originally posted by schweinhund@Sep 1 2006, 02:57 AM
How bad are the fitproblems in the #15 kit? I have one sitting on the shelf....
Jan

Siim
Have you tried buying online from HK? The prices are comparable to the prices in the local shops.

Lawrence
Jan

The biggest problem with the first Tristar Pz IV D is the poor fit of the lower hull tub panels. The rest of the kit is quite good.

Lawrence

Reply With Quote top
Old 09-01-2006, 09:14 AM
vBench

Location: Somewhere near polarbears, reindeers and Santa let loose on Arctic circle..
Quote:
Originally posted by Panzergrenadier@Sep 1 2006, 04:31 AM

Siim
You are wellcome to finland! At least tmi:Kuivalainen has tristar and Combat Models also.

Cheers Mikko
Old 09-01-2006, 09:20 AM
vBench

Location: Somewhere near polarbears, reindeers and Santa let loose on Arctic circle..
Quote:
Originally posted by lquah@Sep 1 2006, 09:12 AM
Jan

The biggest problem with the first Tristar Pz IV D is the poor fit of the lower hull tub panels. The rest of the kit is quite good.

Lawrence
Lawrence so it's same problem than with ausf.C?! I managed to get it build up quite painless.

Cheers Mikko

P.S. Lion has Roared here in finland, so THANK YOU!