Go Back   planetArmor > planetArmor Features > Photos: In-progress Blogs

Photos: In-progress Blogs Post your in-progress photos in a blog-style topic!
Request vBench Photo Upload Access

Closed Thread

Old 11-16-2005, 01:59 AM
vBench

Looks like you have a good collection of shiney things for the Tamiya Panther G there Larry. The Tamiya kit goes together fairly well, but its not without its problems.

This addresses them:
http://missinglinks2.tripod.com/Panther.pdf

Sam
Old 11-16-2005, 02:02 AM
vBench

Location: I know a guy who sells t-shirts at a nearby location to Willy's grave.
Send a message via Skype™ to Larry Bates
Hey Sam,

Ah yes, I already have a copy of this. But thanks for the heads up. What time is it there man?

I actually can't wait to start bending and soldering brass bits. I may even give that workable chain on the gun cradle a go!

Opening Laz's World on Ice next summer, no franchises. Just cold ice, and figure skaters, ring side bar service.

Old 11-16-2005, 07:51 AM
vBench

Hi Larry, eagerly awaiting more progress on this one!!, by the way the WW2 Production resin track goes around the Friul idler ok!!, never used the MK`s with that idler..In my previous experience with the metal track, lots of flash in the open guide horns proved quite "thick" and very difficult to remove..

Andy
Old 11-16-2005, 10:06 AM
vBench

Location: I know a guy who sells t-shirts at a nearby location to Willy's grave.
Thanks for the heads up Andy. Are the WWII tracks the late ones? Thought they just made the earlies. I'm going to be doing a late G in the east, I think it's Poland. Saw a pic awhile back on ML. It's from a Wyndawnycto(sp?) mag/book. no 51. I'm still searching through my pc for the photo. Should be fun. Thanks for your interest.

Larry

Opening Laz's World on Ice next summer, no franchises. Just cold ice, and figure skaters, ring side bar service.

Old 11-16-2005, 11:05 AM
vBench

Hi Larry, yes they do a set for the late Panther`s..I used them on a late Jagdpanther..

Andy
Old 11-16-2005, 11:57 AM
vBench

Ahhhh, very cool. Nice Jagd. Thanks Andy.

Old 11-16-2005, 02:49 PM
vBench

I have one of these waiting but I have the Lion Roar PE set . Not sure how it would compare to the aber set. I do have the new aber screen set and storage set. Will keep a eye on your build.

Mike

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so."
Douglas Adams
Old 11-16-2005, 03:31 PM
vBench

That would be an interesting comparison between the two pe sets. Are you going to post yours up? I'd like to see how it stacks up, as I'm sure would others.

There hasn't been a recent Panther craze on the net for a while, maybe its time for another?

Larry

Old 11-16-2005, 03:49 PM
vBench

I will post some pictures tonight when I get home.

Mike

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so."
Douglas Adams
Old 11-16-2005, 06:44 PM
vBench

Great!

Closed Thread