Go Back   planetArmor > planetArmor Features > Photos: In-progress Blogs

Photos: In-progress Blogs Post your in-progress photos in a blog-style topic!
Request vBench Photo Upload Access

Old 01-09-2008, 06:17 PM
Ebbe Bergman

Send a message via MSN to Ebbe Bergman
Lightbulb s SS PzAbt 503 Berlin

Hi all!
Hope the new year is a good one this far. I bought as I have wrote in previous thread that I bought a Tamiya King Tiger Ardennes. At first I thought on depicting it in Ardennes or perhaps in Hungary still sSSPzAbt 501. After looking in the TIC2 I found some interesting pictures of the sSSPzAbt 503 and thought on depicting one of their King Tigerīs in Berlin area 1945. So I started to build the kit in small scale but since I saw the pictures the pace just increased. Right now I am in full swing of sculpting three figures for the tank.
The idea was to show the tank in Berlin with two grenadiers sitting on it. I read in Bevons? book about Battle of Berlin that King Tigers saw action with grenadiers around or aboard. One Swedish? Waffen SS soldier stated that they rode on the tanks with MGīs to protect the tank during the battle. With this in my back head I started on thinking of a setup for the tank.
For a very long time I have wanted to do Danish Waffen SS soldiers becouse itīs close to Sweden and that some Danish soldiers had the flag on their arm. It would be a nice touch.
So one soldier will have the Fieldjacket with the eagle, cuffband and the Danish flag. The second grenadier will have the camouflagebluse and some regular or camouflage pants.
Then there will be two tank soldiers. One comes from Alpine ( 12th SS set ) and the other will be sculpted by me. This far I have manage to sculpt 1/3 or 2/3 or the first grenadier sitting on the turret with an MP44. The second have just the legs done. He will be carrying a MG42 over his shoulders.
The only thing I am affraid of right now is to do another bad painted King Tiger. But I will try my best.
Pictures will come as soon as there is better lighting outside and they will probably be equal bad ( pictures ) as usuall.
Regards
Ebbe

Reply With Quote top
Old 06-28-2008, 10:30 PM
Ebbe Bergman

Send a message via MSN to Ebbe Bergman
Update for nothing.
Today I donated my KT to my daugther. She loves to look and play with my models when I do some minor building. SO I gave her the TK and she really loved it. Starting to lift off the turret and trying to place it back again ( failed ).
While she did that I started the face painting on my grenadiers. One needs more greenish colour on his uniform along with the red for the Danish banner and the regular insignias. Second grenadier needs his hand and the pants needs to be painted as well.
For the tank commander..hm 314 had at some point a commander from 3rd SS TK so I would depict them going to Siemens factory in Berlin, guest commander and guest grenadiers on it.
The kit has not been bought yet but it will be the Late version from Dragon.
Painting will be done similar to what Sam did on his Panther, okay I know I will TRY mimic his work not duplicate it. To me it looks like sSSPzAbt 503 had ambush camouflage in contrast to what some others have made their objects....I could be wrong but to me it looks like some at least had the ambush camouflage becouse the delivery date on the TKīs.
Thatīs all for now in this topic.
Regards
Ebbe

Reply With Quote top