Go Back   planetArmor > planetArmor Features > Photos: In-progress Blogs

Photos: In-progress Blogs Post your in-progress photos in a blog-style topic!
Request vBench Photo Upload Access

Old 04-25-2007, 11:59 AM
vBench

Chris
Nice progress

Quote:
Model Art about F2(G) is comming out in May so some additional reference might be found there. Where one can get Model Art?
You can get it from Rainbow Ten or Tristar Shop

Lawrence

Adrian Cronauer [imitating Walter Cronkite]: I just want to begin by saying to Roosevelt E. Roosevelt, what it is, what it shall be, what it was. The weather out there today is hot and shitty with continued hot and shitty in the afternoon. Tomorrow a chance of continued crappy with a pissy weather front coming down from the north. Basically, it's hotter than a snake's ass in a wagon rut.
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-25-2007, 10:47 PM
vBench

good stuff!
Old 04-25-2007, 11:58 PM
vBench

Send a message via Skype™ to AfRiKaKoRpS
Thx vm Lawrence and Fletch

Quote:
Originally Posted by lquah View Post
Chris
Nice progress

You can get it from Rainbow Ten or Tristar Shop

Lawrence
Thx vm help here Lawrence. Just looked at the book part of store at Rainbow Ten. Think might need to get some books from there in near future. So far ordered Tasca German Jerrycanset B. Damn they are quick 23:56 I have placed order with them and 9:10 the order was already shipped to me!R*E*S*P*E*C*T

Thx to Bruno's tips at the french forum I have just glued in a very very tiny part yesterday which is nr47 the small lifting ring. And for fun I have primed the whole part with lifting ring glued in with Tamiya Fine Surface Primer. This was my first attempt with that magic can. Still have to experiment some more with the distance and amount of spray but quite happy with the result as for the first time. I have redrilled the hole in lifting ring to do make it look a bit more in scale I think.

Chris

PS Yesterday I have found this web page with some nice Pz4 pictures

http://www.trackpads.net/tanks/sosfindlay/pzivfg.htm

and some more war machines here

http://www.trackpads.net/tanks/sosfindlay/sdnum.htm

.................................................. ......

StuG III Ausf.G DML Smart Kit - Dec 1942 Production Initial StuG III G - Russia 1942/43 - PA Group Build
StuG IV DML Smart Kit - 2. Kompanie Panzerjäger-Abteilung Brandenburg /1. Jäger-Rgt. "Brandenburg" - Poland 1945

Reply With Quote top
Old 04-26-2007, 01:36 PM
vBench

Chris

Thanks for sharing the link However, a number of the photos are not PzKpfw IV ausf F, F2 & Gs. There's a PzKpfw IV Ausf B, PzKpfw IV Ausf E, PzKpfw IV Ausf H and even a PzKpfw III.

Lawrence

Adrian Cronauer [imitating Walter Cronkite]: I just want to begin by saying to Roosevelt E. Roosevelt, what it is, what it shall be, what it was. The weather out there today is hot and shitty with continued hot and shitty in the afternoon. Tomorrow a chance of continued crappy with a pissy weather front coming down from the north. Basically, it's hotter than a snake's ass in a wagon rut.
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-27-2007, 02:48 PM
vBench

This little fellow has landed tdy at my workbench. I have little experience with panzer kits and defenately ZERO experience with figures
Hope this one will be okay for my nr "834". This will be a challenge for the weekend.

Chris

PS just a little progress with kit done. Few tiny parts here and there.

StuG III Ausf.G DML Smart Kit - Dec 1942 Production Initial StuG III G - Russia 1942/43 - PA Group Build
StuG IV DML Smart Kit - 2. Kompanie Panzerjäger-Abteilung Brandenburg /1. Jäger-Rgt. "Brandenburg" - Poland 1945

Reply With Quote top
Old 04-28-2007, 08:55 AM
vBench

Chris, the Alpine Figs are so nice, It'll look great with your vechicle...good choice.

Rick

Vbench
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-28-2007, 01:52 PM
vBench

Thx Rick.
As its my first figure few questions?
Do I glue all parts together apart from head which is painted separately? Or all together with head and than paint?
Do I need (is it better to do it) to prime the figure before painting with acrylics?

Hope to do some progress with little parts of F2 tdy. Just need to glue small parts A57 which is hidden feature of the kit. Will try to drill holes in them as they were for locking. Need to check if I have such small drill.
Also need to glue barrel cleaning rod at the right back part of the upper structure and two L shaped A52 parts and I have the upperstructure completed.
Just need to add water jerrycan rack later at the left side, which I need to make on my own. Still trying to figure out how it should look like.

Chris

Reply With Quote top
Old 04-28-2007, 02:07 PM
vBench

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfRiKaKoRpS View Post
Thx Rick.
As its my first figure few questions?
Do I glue all parts together apart from head which is painted separately? Or all together with head and than paint?
Do I need (is it better to do it) to prime the figure before painting with acrylics?

Chris
Hey Chris...First Fig!!!! Here's how I'd tackle it...I would glue everything together first, fill and file the seam if necessary, then, give it a coat of primer.

Glue everything because, especially on this guy, there are not a lot of extra equipment or hard to reach areas.

Fill and File...just give yourself the best surface as possible, you'd hate for a gap to show-up later on a photo.

Primer...this is a must. The resin has an oily residue that makes anythings hard to stick to, especially acrylics...I usually use just my grey auto primer that I use on my vehicles. Then, I've been giving the figs a coat of flat black acrylic, then a downward drybrush of white acrylics....this will help define your shadows and lights.

....finally, I always start on my face first...attached to the body usually...if I know that I have a good face, the rest seems to follow...

Hope it helps....great job on the tank by the way, your attention to the details and research is beyond my comfort zone.

Rick

Vbench
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-28-2007, 02:15 PM
vBench

Chris

There's a good article on Vallejo website on figure painting.

Go to http://www.acrylicosvallejo.com/ and select Model Color

Scroll down "PAINTING FIGURES WITH MODEL COLOR"

Lawrence

Reply With Quote top
Old 04-28-2007, 03:37 PM
vBench

Wooow , that was quick answer. Thx vm Rick and Lawrence.

Rick, thx vm tips. That is super help.
Will glue all together now and try to fill gaps with Mr. Surfacer 1200 or Mr. Dissolved Putty and try so sand it not to see any gaps.
As for the primer will use Tamiya Fine Surface Primer which is my new toy and quite like how it works.

Lawrence, will defenatelly take a look at vallejo web page. They have very nice paints and since they are easily accesable to me (10 mins walk from my office to Jadar Model Shop where I can get full range of their paints).

Chris

Reply With Quote top