Go Back   planetArmor > planetArmor Community > Your important news and kit reviews.

Your important news and kit reviews. Share & Promote ARMOR and other model news. All Kit reviews are welcome here.

Old 11-18-2010, 06:29 AM
vBench

Pz IV G April-May 1943

Hello,

here is the newest DML release of an Pz IV G:

Regards,

Notger
DML Jagdpanzer IV L/70(A)

Historyfacts
Pz.Kpfw. IV
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-18-2010, 07:04 AM
vBench

Looks god doesn't it ?
Old 11-21-2010, 09:55 AM
vBench

Seriously guys... What the ...?

The Music
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-22-2010, 09:48 AM
vBench

Laurent, thanks!
On the poster you will see, outlined in yellow, a very intersting detail: the overlapping skirts which haven't been produced by any model company nor by any aftermarket company

Ropi, I don't really understand or know what you want to tell us with "fuck"...

Regards,

Notger

Historyfacts
Pz.Kpfw. IV

Last edited by NAS; 11-22-2010 at 09:56 AM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-22-2010, 04:24 PM
vBench

Hi Notger!

What I mean iiis:

1) IMHO Dragon is wasting it's potential on editing, and re-editing kits (varinats, if you like) which have only very-very slight differences between one another (and giving the quantity of parts in one box can be very easily assembled by combining the corresponding parts) instead of editing really useful kits (for example a version of a PzKpfw. IV. w/ Flakvierling, for instance.
2) They are coming out with a Pz Iv again, instead of tooling for example a good version of... I don't know... A Ram?
3) I'm getting a bit angry about the very fact that they are paying very big attention to put turned barrel in almost every German kit they put on the market, but I wasn't able to have a straight plastic barrel in the two Sherman Firefly kits I put my hands on.

Sorry if I let myself get carried away, but I find this a bit pointless and odd.

PS: the parts in yellow? I have them in a little PE sheet Tamiya made...

The Music

Last edited by Ropi; 11-22-2010 at 04:27 PM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-23-2010, 01:44 AM
vBench

Ropi. We hear you and what you say has been said before by other people on other forums.
On the other hand, these kits are completely new to modellers. No such pz IV with this type of Schürzen has been made before other than as aftermarket models (resin or PE) which means paying big €€€€ (or ££££ or $$$$ or whatever).
In fact until DML started this series of Pz IVs the only decent kit was the Tamiya H/J which already takes us back to 1995 and is nowadays almost obsolete. Let's forget the old Tamiya Ausf D (?) or the ill fated Italeri F-G-H.. No other Pz IV was useable.
We understand some other models would be appreciated but please do not be unfair. You claim about the firefly did you try the TASCA model ? you complain about barrels well how many brands actually put "aluminium turned barrels" inside their kits ? I haven't seen any in the recent DML Pz IV or Pz III kits ...
Do not misunderstand me but I see you as a little bit unfair ...
Honestly : how many versions of the Sherman are actually "missing" ? are not available ? These guys, whoever they are, make what they can sell by thousands. Pz IVs are one of the "sellable" items. Why only yell at DML ? Why not argue about Tamiya not issuing a real new model since ... How about Italeri ?
And believe me, the guy who's talking to you, me that is, would give his daughter to the model maker who'll issue a "up to today's standards" Valentine tank !
;o)

Last edited by gibsonfndr; 11-23-2010 at 01:47 AM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-23-2010, 04:55 PM

Wonderful news
Now, only lacking the Pz.Kpfw.III Ausf.M for 3.Pz.Rgt. 2.Pz.Div. during Koursk
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-24-2010, 05:24 AM
vBench

Hello,

Ropi, I can understand that modellers like you, who aren't Pz IV fans, are rolling with your eyes whenever there is a new Pz IV kit on the market
On the other side, I can fully understand every Tiger-fan, every T-34 fan, StuG III fan, Sherman fan when there is a new kit releases of his beloved tank/vehicle.
I'm a Pz IV fan and I must admit that I often don't really see the differences on all the different Sherman, T-34, Panther kit etc. But I don't complain. I just can imagine that every T-34 fan etc is just happy with every new T-34 kit.

And you also have to think about that german tanks just sell! So why not making kits for the german tank fans. And you can also see that times are changing and DML also starts making japanese tanks, DML starts in making softskins etc.
So just enjoy these wonderful times with plenty of kits to choose from!
Just compare these times with the modelling times 15years ago. Just one Pz IV H (from Tamiya), one T-34 kit on the market etc. And now you can choose between so many new kits, it's almost like heaven
I rather choose between 8 different T-34 kits or 10 different Sherman kits instead of only one single Sherman kit and to scratch build every other version.

Regarding the yellow, I meant the yellow outlined box about the turret-skirts, not the yellow parts (PE-parts)

Laurent, very good points you mention! Thanks for your support!

Regards,

Notger

Historyfacts
Pz.Kpfw. IV
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-25-2010, 12:18 AM
vBench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ropi View Post
Hi Notger!

What I mean iiis:

1) IMHO Dragon is wasting it's potential on editing, and re-editing kits (varinats, if you like) which have only very-very slight differences between one another (and giving the quantity of parts in one box can be very easily assembled by combining the corresponding parts) instead of editing really useful kits (for example a version of a PzKpfw. IV. w/ Flakvierling, for instance.
2) They are coming out with a Pz Iv again, instead of tooling for example a good version of... I don't know... A Ram?
3) I'm getting a bit angry about the very fact that they are paying very big attention to put turned barrel in almost every German kit they put on the market, but I wasn't able to have a straight plastic barrel in the two Sherman Firefly kits I put my hands on.

Sorry if I let myself get carried away, but I find this a bit pointless and odd.

PS: the parts in yellow? I have them in a little PE sheet Tamiya made...
I frankly cannot understand how anyone can get angry over a model release. I mean really, no one is forcing you to buy it. As for the Pz. IV with FlaKvierling, Dragon already released a Wirbelwind not too long ago. Dragon is making good economic business decisions here by maximizing the use of their molds. Every company does it to some extent or another. Look at how many P-51 Mustang kits Hasegawa has out, all the same kit with just a different box and decals. Same goes with Tamiya's P-51 (and I'm sure a whole mess of other kits can come to mind). At least most of Dragons rehashes have some different parts mixed in to give you slightly different versions. As for Dragons Sherman kits barrels, look at Tasca's Shermans. They are not cheap and yet you get two piece barrels which most of us replace. Just look at it this way Ropi, thats 60.00 dollars you can spend on something else. I on the other hand just may pick one of these up. But not until I can get a good deal on it.

Roy
Old 12-20-2010, 07:42 PM
This model kills fascists

I feel Ropi's pain. Every time I see another Dragon Sherman M4A2, I'm like, really? Did we need the same kit with a different set of decals?

I'm gonna get this kit, cuz Pz. IVs is what I like, but I wish they'd made it a Late G/Early H. I haven't seen the sprues, so maybe the parts are there, dunno.
Reply With Quote top