Go Back   planetArmor > planetArmor Features > Photos: In-progress Blogs

Photos: In-progress Blogs Post your in-progress photos in a blog-style topic!
Request vBench Photo Upload Access

Old 10-20-2005, 10:50 PM
vBench

This kit really made my day after such a crappy day....And I REALLY want to build it, but I know I need to finish my Panzer IVs....damit , but then there's also the fact that this kit is meant to be a limited production run too...damn you Dragon!

If I did anything to this kit, it would be...you guessed it, an interior...I think it'd be fun and really, these kits should be a little difficult...not to say that a 2 year old could put it together no problem, but you what I mean

'Damn you Dargon' disclaimer: If someone from Dragon Models Limited sees it and gets offended, even though that's not what it's meant to do, take it up with me, not the Webmaster and/or other administators.
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-20-2005, 11:12 PM
vBench

don't worry everything will be fine

Click for ARMOUR WORKSHOP
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-20-2005, 11:20 PM
vBench

I know im meant to be excited about another fantastic Tiger kit from DML, but landed here in AUstralia, its over AUD$70. The regular tiger, before any discount is AUD$54. Im just a little synical about DML/Cyber-hobbys' approach of selling these kits only direct. Looks like theyre trying to chop out the middle man, and absorb his margin into their bottom line.

Still, looking forward to seeing your build of the kit..

Sam
(yes i'll probably weaken at some point and get one)
Old 10-21-2005, 10:34 AM
vBench

Quote:
don't worry everything will be fine
The disclaimer or the availabilty of the kit?

I know what you mean Sam...It does stink how they're selling the kits...I can imagine though that it may be the wave of the future...
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-21-2005, 06:06 PM
vBench

Everything. As for DML- hey don't be so fearful of them- they just manufacture plastic model kits. I'm sure they won't send out a hit team- besides they are probably so busy they most likely have no time for looking at such an obscure web site as planet Armor :lol:
p.S. - feel free to be totally honest about what you find in regards to flaws and errors in any kit that you are building. I have no respect really for in-bag reviews- that's why I do all these SBS's (step-by-steps) so you guys can see things for what they are- Take my build review of the honestly horrendous Alan Bison I kit. It's a dog and I found out by actually trying to put it together. That's the idea behind me posting progress reports on any vbuilds I do. So I would hope all of you would do the same- we don't cow tow to any one here- It's about building models not neccessarily about selling them .

Click for ARMOUR WORKSHOP
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-22-2005, 12:14 AM
vBench

That makes me feel better James

Hopefully, within the next week, I'll get a TMD/TWS interior for my Tiger (hopefully it was cast by TMD)...However, over a T-L, someone said the CMK will be releasing an interior in the future and frankly, I'm inclined to believe it...That should be a neat kit(s)....

RC
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-27-2005, 10:49 AM
vBench

Have you decided which vehcile you will build?

I will probably build T/N 141, as most of my ref pics are of this vehicle.

Look forward to seeing your progress.

Cheers,
Old 10-27-2005, 01:28 PM
vBench

No...Not yet...I have Tigers on the Western Front and have seen some real nice lookin tanks, but nothing that appeals to me...If I did anything, I would do it so the tank isn't totally static (moving down a road or something like that)....
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-28-2005, 07:18 PM
vBench

Not much to even report here...I at least have the 'skeleton' in place....

See, I want to put an interior in here and it's been a bit of a pain....I know CMK is releasing some interiors and all, but I figured, what the heck, I might as well get this one :lol:

I did assemble the gun already...it's pretty much there, though the interior components are a pain...IE the turret ring...I'll need to make some modifications and I've been examining one of my Tamiya tigers to see how to properly resolve this matter....

I also got the Eduard set, as it's the only interior detail set for Tiger's that's available...It's for the Academy kit...That TWS interior is good, but it still needs some work...

Here are the tracks I'm using...Modelkasten...I assembled them on Christmas Eve...

My already 'finsihed' Tiger...I don't even have to paint him tan lol

This kit is a gem and I'm absolutely going to be patient and take my time....

This issue of AFV Modeller has been a helpful guide...see, the TWS interior gives ya some 'support's on the hull bottom for the interior...unfortunately, there's no way I can use them and I've been forces to scratch build them.... It's been a pain, but as soon as I got em lookin pretty, believe me, I'll post them :lol:
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-16-2006, 01:57 PM
vBench

Some stuff... :-( and :-)
Here's some side shots...I started some painting (Nato black and German grey)

This TWS interior is rather nice overall...This is what I have assembled...building it has slowed because the kit is missing several important parts and I emailed the new TWS about two weeks ago and have heard nothing (I said that i'd pay too!), so I figured that I'll post what I have....

I'm missing an ammo bin on the bottom port side...it was supposed to be duplicated (like all of the little, yet important bits that I'm missing...basically, I have everything, just not enough of them! lol)

Top side...

A couple shots of the turret interior...
I had to make some adjustments to the gun and everything with it in order for it to work properly with the turret ring in there (IDK if it's a bit too long or what...)

Also, the turn table is in!

Turret roof (is it correct David B?)

Any and all comments/suggestions are welcome! :lol:
Reply With Quote top