Go Back   planetArmor > planetArmor Features > Photos: In-progress Blogs

Photos: In-progress Blogs Post your in-progress photos in a blog-style topic!
Request vBench Photo Upload Access

Old 02-23-2009, 08:53 PM
vBench

Send a message via AIM to chadperkins
Did some work on the bulkhead in the fighting compartment. Not a lot to report on this particular surface, but I managed to install the MP and the lever for the heating ducts. I added a strap to the MP just for some interest and I think it adds some flare. I couldn't resist leaving the ducts open slightly and the lever pulled away from the bulkhead just to show the lever and push rod in action. The hardest part of this was actually removing the kit lever as it's amidst all those bolt heads but this was easily remedied with some masking tape while sanding.

Next, it was on to finish up the radio side of the fighting compartment. The tamiya shell kit only includes 14 of the short shells for the racks so I elected to cover the rear rack on this side. Again, I made the tarp from two part epoxy sculpt and used the kit shells underneath to give it the appropriate shape. As an added bonus, I only had to make half of the tie downs on this side All of the shells will slide out for painting so these should be pretty cool when it's all said and done.

That's all for now, not sure where I'm going to start working next. Probably will start on the interior of the rear plate of the fighting compartment and maybe on the hatches and engine bay doors. Comments are always welcome.
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-24-2009, 08:32 AM
vBench

Looks pretty nice...
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-26-2009, 12:48 PM
vBench

Talking Now What?

Same thing here... so many details...
... now to decide which section next to detail, it's like 15 micro models in one large kit.
But...

Chad it's coming out brilliantly, when you start painting you will thank yourself for the detailing.

Show us the next section...
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-26-2009, 02:56 PM
vBench

Great job. Looks perfect with details and ammo.
Old 02-26-2009, 03:46 PM
vBench

Super work, Chad. Really sweet!

Rick

Vbench
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-26-2009, 05:47 PM
vBench

thanks for the kind words guys. been working on the tracks and some other things that don't warrant an update but I have made a bit more progress. Leaving on a Paris/Geneva/London trip next Friday so I'll be MIA for a while but I don't think I'll miss this little guy while I'm gone.
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-28-2009, 01:04 PM
vBench

I've been unsuccessfully searching for a reference for what holds the transmission access hatch open. Does it have some sort of support when in the open position or does it just flip all the way open on it's own weight?
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-28-2009, 03:49 PM
Custom User Title

Don't know the answer to your question but I just have to say wow, the detail is incredible. I hadn't noticed this thread until now.

Excellent craftmanship, the PE work is so clean.

Build how you like, like how you build.

Reply With Quote top
Old 02-28-2009, 06:07 PM
vBench

Hey Kid,your eye sight is the first to go from looking at all that OD green.
Then your hair and your hearing goes next. Finally,well I won't mention what's next because this is a family type forum but you get the idea.

Tony the Mutt
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-30-2009, 06:21 PM
vBench

Just a quick update for you guys. As I mentioned earlier, I went on a great vacation and I just returned a week or so ago. Paris, Geneva, and London and a few days with the relatives in Preson England. Needless to say, it was a great trip So, now back to the real world and back to the Marder build. I've drawn the line in the sand and stopped building and have decided to go ahead and paint the driver's compartment and engine comparment before I go any further with the exterior. I don't want to get too much exterior work done as it will begin to get too fidly to handle so I thought I should stop. Not sure if this is the right way to tackle this but I'm doing it. I masked off the contact areas and the experior parts this evening and painted on a coat of tamiya surface primer. I should be able to get some paint shot over the next few days and will keep you guys posted but just thought I'd give a quick status report so anybody actually watching this wouldn't think I'd given up!
Reply With Quote top