Old 11-28-2006, 01:36 PM
vBench

tankette Looking for Panther Ausf D Kursk photos

I am prepping up for my next project. I finally got all the AM stuff I need and now need some reference photos. I have dug through all my references by Spielberger, Ryton and Jentz and could only find one photo that has the features I am looking for.

Here is a list of features I am looking for:

The Panther in this photo is number "415" from the 52nd Panzer Abteilung in repair depot in Borisovka near Belgorod in August 1943.

Photo taken from "Panther in Action 1943-45" - Wydawnictwo Militaria

Anyone has any photos to share?

Lawrence

Adrian Cronauer [imitating Walter Cronkite]: I just want to begin by saying to Roosevelt E. Roosevelt, what it is, what it shall be, what it was. The weather out there today is hot and shitty with continued hot and shitty in the afternoon. Tomorrow a chance of continued crappy with a pissy weather front coming down from the north. Basically, it's hotter than a snake's ass in a wagon rut.

Last edited by lquah; 11-30-2006 at 02:23 PM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-29-2006, 03:33 PM
vBench

Hmmm... so all the features have to be present in the picture. I will look at what I have.

Siim

Reply With Quote top
Old 11-29-2006, 04:13 PM
vBench

Hi Lawrence,

I have a bunch of pics of Panthers with twin headlight and smoke candles, but not with the boxes at the rear.

Greetz
Tom
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-30-2006, 11:30 AM
Tanque

tough one Lawrence!

I only found three, rather bad pics of one Panther in a training area with that distinctive side stowage box of the first Dīs.
Are you going to make a Panther in repairment?
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-30-2006, 01:46 PM
vBench

Thanks Siim and Tom for the effort.

Quote:
I only found three, rather bad pics of one Panther in a training area with that distinctive side stowage box of the first D´s.
Are you going to make a Panther in repairment?
Thanks Rene, would you mind e-mailing the photos to me? My e-mail is lawrencequah@gmail.com
I will build it heading into battle.

Lawrence

Adrian Cronauer [imitating Walter Cronkite]: I just want to begin by saying to Roosevelt E. Roosevelt, what it is, what it shall be, what it was. The weather out there today is hot and shitty with continued hot and shitty in the afternoon. Tomorrow a chance of continued crappy with a pissy weather front coming down from the north. Basically, it's hotter than a snake's ass in a wagon rut.
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-30-2006, 06:43 PM
Tanque

Quote:
Originally Posted by lquah View Post
I will build it heading into battle.
Hi Lawrence
Mail sent!. I asked if you are going to do it in repair because I donīt think that the "rear stowage box" is actually attached to the hull like an extra feature of a Panther going into battle or...probably you have some more info about it? but It looks just like somebody put a tool box there.

Rene
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-01-2006, 12:38 AM
vBench

Rene

Thanks for the photos. They are great and are useful

Some the D's and early A's had stowage boxes on them over the air intanke grills. I will post some clearer photos when I get home.

Lawrence

Reply With Quote top
Old 12-01-2006, 10:17 AM
Tanque

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanque View Post
I don´t think that the "rear stowage box" is actually attached to the hull
Who said that!!?...

You are absolutely right Lawrence! I had not noticed that feature in my references before

By the way these pics can be found in the Panther book from Concord N°7006

Last edited by tanque; 12-01-2006 at 10:26 AM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-01-2006, 02:09 PM
vBench

Rene

Yup those are the ones. I looked through my reference books and lo and behold, I found that I have a copy of Concord 7006. I forgotten I even had it

Here's more photos from Ryton. The last one is the same vehicle #232 as you have posted but from a different angle. The Panthers had quite varied types of boxes.

Lawrence

Reply With Quote top
Old 12-01-2006, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lquah View Post
Here's more photos from Ryton. The last one is the same vehicle #232 as you have posted but from a different angle. The Panthers had quite varied types of boxes.
Lawrence:

Thanks for posting the photos. I've gotten quite interested in Panthers of late and still have oh so much to learn. Very interesting topic, indeed.

Dave
Reply With Quote top