Go Back   planetArmor > planetArmor Features > Photos: In-progress Blogs

Photos: In-progress Blogs Post your in-progress photos in a blog-style topic!
Request vBench Photo Upload Access

Old 07-30-2014, 09:44 PM
vBench

Send a message via AIM to chadperkins
Panzer II J VK

Hobbyboss kit with Voyager and Friul upgrades. Not a great kit but a good kit nonetheless and much better than the Alan ones of the past. I'm working on a small vignette/base for this with a couple figures so the suspension is articulated and it's all just stuck on there so ignore that. For anyone else building this, the friuls do not fit unless you shave down the front sprockets before you glue the halves together to narrow them. Otherwise, they are too wide, just FYI. Otherwise, I'll let the pics do the talking.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	4bd2e172-05e1-40cd-808b-046abd7bfcb2.jpg
Views:	401
Size:	167.0 KB
ID:	8745  
Reply With Quote top
Users like chadperkins's post!
Old 08-16-2014, 12:53 PM
vBench

Send a message via AIM to chadperkins
Base is complete or at least in it's basic rough form. Since this tank was used primarily in a reconnaissance role I thought it would be appropriate to have some interaction between the panzer commander and an infantry officer. One pointing out what he has seen and the other surveying the situation. Seemed to fit the part to my eye. I made the terrain sloped and rough to make it a bit more interesting. The base was made with a flat wooden base from hobby lobby with balsa sides cut to the contour and then glued to make the sides. the joint between the base and sides was filled and sanded and the whole thing given several coats of black paint and poly. It's full of foam to get the height and then culluclay was put on in a few layers to built it up the rest of the way. It shrinks as everyone knows so multiple applications were necessary to get to where I am now.

Reply With Quote top