View Single Post
Old 02-15-2009, 03:23 PM
vBench

Hello everyone,

While setting up new standards of "slow building" I finished the running gear. Huhhh... It was a bit harder (and nerve-eater) than I imagined - but it's over. I reproduced the D shaped track-support parts from brass but for the first time they turned out to be far too high. Of course Broke them and re-made a new set of four supports but they are not really-really looking the same. Now I decided not to do a third round as I have only limited time that is why I have to use itt more efficiently - and those parts will be hardly visible from the tracks installed. I changed the nuts on the side of the lower hull as well.

In the meantime I found and bought some resin 37 mm ammo in one of the local modell stores. Here they are (from Verlinden).

As I want to completely re-build the ammo rack inside the Stuart, I need a lot more of them (20-30 pieces) - nice occassion to learn the "how to" of handling resin d-i-y style Or if it turns out to be too difficult to me, I will ask my brother to copy the set to fill the rack.
A question: what do you use to paint shells? Gunze and Vallejo is preferred but any close-to-reality color interests me. Thanks!

Next step will be the inside of the tank. I have Eduard interior PE set but it will need some more scratch according to the limited amount of photo I've found of the inside of this tank.

cheers,

Zsolt
Reply With Quote top