Thread: StuG III Ausf.B
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2019, 03:41 AM
vBench

StuG III Ausf.B

Hello,

My next thread will be StuG III Ausf.B. I have chosen Tamiya kit for this one and since I have few leftovers from Dragon's Panzer III family kits I've built before, I use them wherever I can. I have few Aber upgrade sets also to use and aftermarket decals, as I'm going to one of the StuG Abt. 185 vehicles.

I'm not very happy with the Tamiya kit, but there are not many options when building Ausf.B. Bolts are rounded and need to be replaced, weld seams are often missing and need to be reproduced, fit is loose and need a lot of filler. But main problem with this kit is that upper hull, when removing the molded fenders, appears to be 1mm wider than lower hull. I really don't know what to do with that yet. Here is the front driver's plate compared to hull:

But Aber's etched sets seems to be awesome and offers lot of fun. Here's the assembled ammo storage cabinet. And yep, the lid is movable:

Tracks are from MasterClub this time and oh are they awesome. Compared to Friuls, these need very little cleaning and go together with little resin pins.

Til' next time,
Kristjan
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	large_29846869_ckJA.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	173.0 KB
ID:	9274  

Last edited by Glaurung; 07-25-2019 at 04:31 PM.
Reply With Quote top
Users like Glaurung's post!