planetArmor (
-   Photos: In-progress Blogs (
-   -   Dora 1/35 (

Pvt Mutt 02-17-2016 02:43 PM

Amazing work my friend:thumb:

Tony lee

Fledermaus 02-17-2016 07:04 PM

thanks Tony :) its a lot of fun to add this missing details to the models to make it more interesting and accurate

Firecaptain 05-04-2016 08:16 PM

Latest Dora Release
I understand the most recent release (or re-release) is actually a gray styrene plastic and not ABS that requires special adhesive.

Fledermaus 05-11-2016 07:10 AM

thanks Joe, it will be a nice change, if Im not wrong all the re-released Doras
are the same, just the box has changed. mine is from the first release and has
the same parts including the photo-eched and aluminum rails as the last release. this is my first all ABS kit and have no complain till date and have
used Tamiya Extra thin glue to glue ABS to styrene without problems.


Fledermaus 05-11-2016 07:11 AM

Hi to you all, here with another update on Dora, work on the main body halves continues
Now with the addition of the extra hand wheels and valves.
To make the extra parts I made a rubber mold of the valves from one of the sides

Here the mold is ready
The valves are ready
The same with the hand wheels
Here the extra parts are glued in place on both the inside and outside of each body half
Now the cat walks are constructed for each side, out and inside of the bodies
The inside cat walks
Comparison of the new and original parts
The same with the outside cat walks
Now I moved to the side ladders, this are 4 ladders one for each end of the main body’s halves
This are too big, out of scale
So using 1.5mm brass rods I started to make the ladders, here is the used rod, the original ladder and the replacement one.
The shape is corrected
All the needed parts are cut and bent to shape
The center reinforcement is soldered in place
Next the steps are cut and soldered

Fledermaus 05-11-2016 07:12 AM

The finished new ladders
All the hand rails and ladders are finished for the main body halves
The supports for the main loading platform area need some correction, the two pillars on the back of the platform are supposed to be double and are a single piece.
I marked the area to be cut with masking tape, then drilled holes all around to make it easier to
Remove the plastic.
Side look of the part ready to be drilled and cut
The holes are done, then you have to remove some reinforcement plastic from the inside
With all the plastic removed it now looks like this
The two new legs now need some reinforcement pieces to hold it together
Starting from the bottom a piece of styrene the size of the area between the two legs
The piece in the middle is made with two squares the same size of the area with two ribs on the inside
The top is glued to the center parts
The upper square is installed
Finally the upper and lower squares received a rib on the middle area to finish the work
Now each side looks like this

Lots of work still to do thanks for watching


Pvt Mutt 05-12-2016 11:59 AM

You knock my socks off with the amount of work you put into the improvements are beyond the beyond.:eek:

Just W O W

Tony lee

canjuaan 05-13-2016 06:08 AM

Awesome work. That soldering job is top-notch, too.


Gopher 05-15-2016 06:33 AM

Great work!

Fledermaus 05-18-2016 06:46 AM

Tony, Johannes and Andrey thanks a lot!

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:15 PM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.