planetArmor (
-   Photos: In-progress Blogs (
-   -   Flakpanzer 38(t) - Dragon (

MZsolt 05-08-2013 02:50 PM

Flakpanzer 38(t) - Dragon
1 Attachment(s)
Hi everybody,
Long time passed since my last post and my modelling habits have changed a lot - due to family and work reasons. But never gave up and used all my spare minutes to do something. With very low efficiency of course :) My latest project has started a year ago and this is where it stands now. It will be finished approximately in 2015 as I expect :D

MZsolt 05-09-2013 01:49 AM

The interior of the driver's compartment is also detailed but I don't really like the result and decided to finish the model with driver's hatch closed. The only thing I'm proud of is the seat, upgraded with PE stuff but it would be also invisible even with hatches open.

And some pics from the engine bay with added wiring and with almost zero weathering...

greuceanu 05-12-2013 04:20 AM

Really nice
I have the kit frm Dragon waiting to be started
But I didn't checked if comes also with the engine
I will watch your progress

m1garand 05-12-2013 01:53 PM

Very nice work! Nice details.

wbill76 05-14-2013 05:34 PM

Always love to see a member of the 38(t) family get built up. Making good progress on this one. ;)

alexwencho 05-22-2013 03:30 AM

The attention to interior detail is looking wonderful here with your build.

Can't wait to see further updates.

Thank you.

MZsolt 06-28-2013 01:05 PM

Some soldering
Taking my superslow modelling in account I made a big leap forward. First time in my life I feel that my soldering work looks like soldering and not something ugly thing that happened to my models (like before many times). I made the fenders from the Griffon PE and modified the driving wheels to the more approriate version using also the Griffon PE.
That was my last two months :) About half an hour per week.

David Diaz 06-29-2013 11:07 PM

Nice job on the soldering. So, what was it you didn't like about the driver's compartment? I think its looks pretty good. Maybe adding some dirt and grime will make it look better, but It seems good to me.

MZsolt 09-03-2013 01:21 AM

Some more brass...
Though my summertime modelling was equal to zero (my room is unbearably hot without air conditioning) recently I've made some improvements. Tiny and not really spectacular parts, brass clasps, bits and pieces and my favourite, the perforated toolbox on the left fender. I also decided to close the hatches as I would like to put the vehicle in an "action scene" diorama. However the question "When this diorama will be finished?" is valid and the answer is... er... maybe in ten years.
But for now the body of the vehicle is almost ready so I step forward and start the 2cm Flak. I'm still not sure whether to assemble it with the shields or whithout that. Many photos found on the internet show that the units sometimes used the flak without the shield or cut the shields edges somewhat to have more room in the fighting compartment. As I want to put a loader and a commander handling the radios next to the flak maybe I'll chose the "shieldless" version. Any advice? Or any reference material advised? Many thanks in advance!

David Diaz 09-06-2013 10:36 PM

Great work on the PE. I wish I had the patience to do solder work like that.

Regarding the shields on the Flak, It go with the shield less version just so I could show the interior details. While in the end it all depends on the diorama and where u want the focal point to be.

Looking forward to more updates.