planetArmor

planetArmor (http://www.planetarmor.com/forums/index.php)
-   Scratchbuilding (http://www.planetarmor.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Some scratch built models updated again (http://www.planetarmor.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3020)

mech 01-02-2007 05:12 AM

Some scratch built models updated again

Hello every one

I have added more pictures of new scratch built LVT's on my web page.

It has been a while since I last posted. On my new web page you will find some updates and some new in progress scratch builds like the T1E1 mine exploder, LVTRA1 recovey, LVTH6 howitzer, LVTXXA1 with the M19 Duster turret, M26 soft cab and the M15A1 trailer.

Photoshop does not work any more.

Constructive Comments are welcomed in case I missed something because of
limited resources . I'm still looking for detailed pictures of the vehicles listed above.

Enjoy

Ralph

David Diaz 01-03-2007 10:37 PM

Outstanding Work Ralph!!

Now you have skill! Are those all in 1/35 scale? They look fantastic, especially the mime plow and rollers. That is some of the best work I have seen as far as scratchbuilding.
Sadly I donít have any pictures of those vehicles, but by all means keep up the good work.

Dave

mech 01-04-2007 03:43 PM

Hi Dave

Thank you very much for the compliment. They are all 1/35 scale. I like to scratch build and I rarely put a finish paint on them and I have never built a dio. You do build one great dio. the Schwimmwagen Diorama.

Cheers
Ralph

David Diaz 01-04-2007 05:53 PM

Good evening Ralph,
Hope all is well. Its impressive that they are all 1/35 scale! I like to do as much scratch building myself and at times I feel kind of sad that I have to paint the models. :D , I just try to take pictures of them without paint.
You should give it a try and make a diorama. Its feel is actually an extension of scratch building a model since I make everything in my bases. Itís a lot of fun especially when you spend time looking for photos of structures and small details for you to build.
I also like the fact that your subjects are not very common vehicles, its actually good to see something different every once in a while. If you ever want to scratch build an M1 Abrams or a Hummer, let me know I got a lot of photos of them. Ha! I practically lived inside them for 8 years!

Anyways, thanks for the compliments on the VW dio. It was a lot of fun to build. I hope to see more scratch built models from you.

Take care

Dave

DaveF 01-29-2007 03:17 PM

Nice Work

Hey Ralph,

Very, very nice work. I've been trying to do much of the same stuff. Any chance you've got any extra moldings of the LVTH6 or the LVTE. You could make a few bucks with a few extra parts.

Been working on multiple riverine craft - ASPB, Swift boat, 2 different monitors - all in 1/35th. Throw in a couple of PT Boats and an Aliens Dropship (also all in 1/35th), and an LVTP5, and I've got my hands full. Would love some conversion parts.

lquah 01-30-2007 11:43 AM

Ralph

Super scratchbuiliding.:thumb: I always liked the look of a white scratchbuilt kit.

Lawrence

Driver 01-30-2007 08:25 PM

Outstanding work Ralph! Boy, I'm green with envy!!!!! :D Are you using styrene only or are you using some other materials?

mech 01-31-2007 08:16 PM

Hi DaveF, Lawrence and Driver

Thank you very much for the compliments.

DAveF when I built the LVTE1 and the LVTH6 I did not have in mind to mass produce them. So it would be very hard to cast them in resin now. Your boats sound very interesting. Do you have pictures of them posted on a web page so that I can see them.

Driver I use copper, aluminum, brass, lead in foil sheets and rods and a lot of styrene sheets, rods and tube.

Best regards
Ralph

DaveF 02-02-2007 09:42 AM

Pacv

a couple of the boats (Pt's) are up somewhere - I think in Armorama. But if you do a web search, you'll see a PACV hovercraft that I scratch-built in 1/35th. Just look for PACV diorama.

mech 02-12-2007 04:33 PM

PACV diorama

Hi David

I finally saw your diorama and it looks great. Do you have any pictures of your scratch build and drawings? Some day I would like to scratch build one as well.

Best regards
Ralph