planetArmor

planetArmor (http://www.planetarmor.com/forums/index.php)
-   Photos: In-progress Blogs (http://www.planetarmor.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=140)
-   -   Porsche Typ 205 Maus 1:35 (http://www.planetarmor.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8506)

stora22 12-12-2012 02:05 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I have said and will say again - enjoy your building.
Which period in the history of the Maus-2 will portray your model?
Tracks of this type were installed only to mid-July 1944.
Please tell me, do you have any information about these items?

FlorinM 12-13-2012 09:51 AM

1 Attachment(s)
First of all thank you for the pictures, this is the first time I've seen them! I'm quite excited about them, because they show that the explosion damage to V2 wasn't that extensive. The item highlighted by blue question mark is doubtlessly the left fuel tank. The red question mark would correspond to its filler cap.
The engine is an aviation engine modified to accept diesel fuel. I assume that the exterior wasn't that much changed and the differences would be inside.
Here is what I've built so far (a more or less symmetrical configuration for the fuel tanks). In light of the pictures you've kindly shared this configuration is WRONG for V2, so back to the work bench with it!
I have a question: Is the right fuel tank also lengthened, or has it retained the original V1 configuration?
With regard to the tracks, the metal ones are so much better than the kit ones and the best that is available to me, so I'll use them, as I do not know if the tracks with lightened face cleats in 1:35th scale are available. Thank you once more for the pictures!

stora22 12-13-2012 01:22 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by FlorinM (Post 103482)
In light of the pictures you've kindly shared this configuration is WRONG for V2

IMHO, it is possible that the layout of the engine compartment v2 some time was similar to v1, and then was changed in the process of refining. Do not know. I did not see any more pictures, where they could be considered the roof of the engine compartment v2.

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlorinM (Post 103482)
I have a question: Is the right fuel tank also lengthened, or has it retained the original V1 configuration?

I think that the right side was the same as the left.
First, there is a photo of the right grate on which there is plate, the same as in the left grate.
Second, the photo the of the right board shows some detail that could be used to mount the partition between the fuel tank and the fan compartment. We see that this detail is over of the fourth roadwheel (in the scheme of the v1 partition above the third roadwheel)

p.s. check your private messages

stora22 12-14-2012 01:57 AM

1 Attachment(s)
people ask me where I got this drawing with v2 interior.
to avoid confusion, I will answer to all.
this is not the original drawing.
I drew it myself on the basis of the two above photos, to discuss on the forums.

FlorinM 12-14-2012 02:23 AM

Indeed it would seem that they increased the fuel tank capacity on the V2 by reducing the radiators in half and increasing the speed of the fans (the beast guzzled a ton of Diesel every 30 kilometers!). Pictures of the incomplete hulls also show the V1 configuration.
The right side grate is also plated over from the looks of the picture.
Thank You for providing Solid information!

FlorinM 12-14-2012 09:28 AM

1 Attachment(s)
The updated configuration for the fuel tank bulkheads.

thorst 12-20-2012 10:05 AM

Your attention to realism is great! I'm looking forward to new updates!

FlorinM 12-20-2012 01:57 PM

People laugh at the Maus, saying that it is a monument of megalomania, a waste of resources, and so on. The Maus, the heaviest AFV of all time, worked. It was an engineering masterpiece. This is my tribute.

Driver 12-29-2012 11:12 PM

I just catch up with this build and have to say that it is amazing!
Keep the good work! :thumb:

alexwencho 01-04-2013 05:58 PM

Thank you for the updates with the in-progress.

AWD