Go Back   planetArmor > All Albums

Add Album Add Album
Search:
All Albums
  Album Title Owner Pictures Last Picture Reverse Sort Order
Picture IJA Type 3, Chi-Nu
Balzac 13 08-30-2011 10:00 AM
Picture Babylon 5 Star Fury
After spending hours and hours on different, very difficult projects, I decided to do one of my "low hanging fruit" kits. Despite being an "easy" model, it still had to have a lot of gap filling.
Mongrel_6 14 08-20-2011 05:45 PM
Picture Trumpeter M-198 (early version)
This is my current Work in Progress. This was the first model I took pictures during the whole process and kept track of how long I worked.
Mongrel_6 23 08-16-2011 11:26 AM
Picture Panzer 4H-Wiking
Hello all

Here is another project that I have just finished over the weekend. No I didnít start it on the weekend, I started it along with many of my other projects several months ago, but since I travel so much, I always take something with me to base build, and I finalize it once I get time at home.

It is the 4H kit from Tamiya. I used the following accessories or conversation sets.

Tamiya Panzer 4H
New Connection Update Set Resin
Friul track Ostketten
AFV T-34 Track
Alpine Waffen SS Panzer Commander
Aber late war Tool Holders
Voyager Turret Skirts
Voyager Hull Skirt

Once again I tried my skill at soldering, didnít turn out that bad, but I still need more practice.

One of the interesting things I found out during my research is that the extra tank tracks were welded on just as with the Allies, like the Shermanís and Churchillís.

This time I used Humbrol enamel paints instead of Acrylic, it has been years since I airbrushed with enamels. But I remembered very quickly why I like airbrushing with acrylics instead, donít stink as much.

But for this project I wanted a totally different shade of German Yellow, and Humbrol 94 just looked the part. Since I mostly use the same technique in all my models, with some minor changes, I think I can skip this part.

I hope you guys like it.

Cheers
Andy
Retired Vet 6 08-15-2011 03:00 PM
Picture M3A1 Stuart
This time I built an older kit from Academy, the M3A1 Stuart. This was built OOTB, except the resin accessories, and the figure. The original idea was to portray him in Africa, but after I found a very interesting picture of a Marine Stuart going up a hill to take out a Japanese sniper, I changed my idea and the plan accordingly. I completely painted the interior but unfortunately after I changed my idea, this canít be seen anymore.
The model was painted with Life Colors, Vallejo and Humbrol paints. Thereafter, a slight over-sprayed with Future to seal everything, and then the decals were applied, followed by a color filter with live color earth and sand. After everything dried, I used a brown wash from MIG, which I found to be very good and has become one of my favorite washes to use. After the wash was dry, I dry brushed using oils and Humbrol, which was followed with a slight dust using Tamiya earth, the dirt was created with artist pigments.
The one piece of beech wood, I bought at Boesner a local Art Supply store. The biggest challenge was to cut the corner at an angle so that the tank would be going up the hill at an angle instead of just across. But after a lot of cutting and more cutting, it worked out and I was pleased. I used Moellte Mix, which is a wood filler colored with Apple Tree colors, which I still have left over from Wal-Mart, almost 10 years old and still going strong, to paint the ground work. Before everything dried I pushed the Model into the wet groundwork to make it part of the base and waited until everything was dry. Once everything was dry, I did another overspray with Tamiya earth, and then tied in some more Artist Pigments. The last part was to add some vegetation.

FYI- I got the general idea from a picture, but I didnít copy the picture 100%, so there is no US flag or a lot of baggage on the Stuart in the Picture. It did however have the deep water wadding kits, and some bags on the back deck.

Hope you like it.
Retired Vet 6 08-15-2011 02:56 PM
Picture M4 Sherman-2nd AD, 66th Ar. Reg.
Here we have the Tamiya M4 Sherman; Iíve added Friul track, the Legend Stowage set, Eduard PE and some extra resin and plastic parts as well as an older Royal Model figure. The color scheme is that of 2nd AD, 66th Armored Regiment. My first position as a gunner on an M1IP was back in the mid 80ís, in C- Company 1st BN, 66th Armored Regiment. So I took this opportunity and changed the bumper number to that of my tank back then. I always liked the look of a tank or vehicle partially hanging over the base; this is why I chose to model the tank going down a slight hill, hanging over the sides.
Hope you like it.

Cheers
Andy
Retired Vet 6 08-15-2011 02:51 PM
Picture various
scottie 7 07-29-2011 12:27 PM
Picture Syrian PzKpfw IV Ausf J
I am introducing the model of PzKpfw IV Ausf J used be Syrian army in 50-60th. The model was created based on real-life prototype. The real tank was using for artillery shelling of Israelis from the Golan Heights. It was destroyed in 1965-1967. At present, the prototype is still somewhere on the Golan.

This is a Dragon #6556 with no additions, except of tracks from Fruilmodels. All others modifications were made from scratch, such as:
- after-war modification (tool boxes, hatch on the commander cupola, and ets)
- visible parts of interior of fighting compartment, turret and engine
- fenders
- turretís screens and damaged basket
- damages from hits and internal explosion

The model was painted with Tamiya and Life color acrylic. Weathering was done by oils, pigments and washes form MIG, pigments form Master Pigment, and weathering products form AK Interactive
saleh 11 07-23-2011 12:22 PM
Picture Mike's stuff.
Mike S. 55 07-14-2011 04:45 PM
Picture More of Mike's Stuff.
Mike S. 35 07-14-2011 04:42 PM
Add Album Add Album
Search: